Liverpool v City - post match thread

I originally thought that this shite came off the back of some piss up celebrations on Sunday night but I don't think that's the case any more. The reality is we've had gutless performances like this all season.

Each game we try and pinpoint a particular problem, whether it's tiredness, injuries, defensive frailties, balance in midfield, Yaya, no Yaya, whatever!! Ultimately these players as well as the current manager have shown such a lack of bollocks it's embarrassing.

Mentally they are simply not up to it. Unfortunately Pep has got a huge job on his hands this summer. Those expecting a huge shift in overall performance next year can forget it. Last night proved yet again most of our players either just plainly aren't good enough or have the quality but just do not have the mental capacity to work hard over the course of the season. You can't overhaul a squad in one summer so we're going to have to be patient if we some sort of league and European dominance.

From the Clubs own web site - "Unfortunately, they couldn’t turn the tide as Firmino tripled the hosts’ lead just before the hour-mark to compound an already miserable night – and there was still half-an-hour left to play."

Good job he didn't triple the lead, as it would mean he scored 4 goals to make it 6-0.

That was on the cards in the first 30 seconds when our leader plays a high crossfield pass which is intercepted. Then another minute later Mr T shits out of a challenge with Flanagan.

We are in free fall at the minute and everyone involved tonight should hang their heads in shame.

Silva needs dropping. Absolute joke how poor he his playing lately.

Fernando has one good game then turns back into Cattermole.

Mistakes ALL over the pitch. Simple mistakes as well. Ottamendi diving in, Zabba dwelling on the ball, Navas losing the ball time and time again. Where is the manager on the touchline screaming at them? We've given up on this season. 1 more loss and the battle for 4th is well and truly on.
I know one incident doesn't make a game but that cross field pass you referred to in the first thirty seconds sums up our night. I'd just sat down in the pub for the kick off, glanced away briefly, looked up only to see a wayward pass made by one our defenders across the back line heading towards our own corner flag! In the resultant panic we gave away the usual foul and hey presto after forty seconds they had a dangerous free kick at the edge of our box. This general malaise in our play went on for the next twenty minutes after which we had our "purple patch" which lasted ten minutes before Joe did his party piece after which we were a complete shambles.

I originally thought that this shite came off the back of some piss up celebrations on Sunday night but I don't think that's the case any more. The reality is we've had gutless performances like this all season.

Each game we try and pinpoint a particular problem, whether it's tiredness, injuries, defensive frailties, balance in midfield, Yaya, no Yaya, whatever!! Ultimately these players as well as the current manager have shown such a lack of bollocks it's embarrassing.

Mentally they are simply not up to it. Unfortunately Pep has got a huge job on his hands this summer. Those expecting a huge shift in overall performance next year can forget it. Last night proved yet again most of our players either just plainly aren't good enough or have the quality but just do not have the mental capacity to work hard over the course of the season. You can't overhaul a squad in one summer so we're going to have to be patient if we some sort of league and European dominance.
Yes he does have a big job and IMO needs at least 2 full windows to make the kind of changes that are required. I have stated elsewhere that I expect 10/12 departures over the next 18 months and after last night non display even that may be an underestimate. In a nutshell this is going to be his biggest managerial challenge to date and I hope he is up to it.

I left when the 3rd went in and I very rarely leave before the end
I just thought if they can't be arsed trying why bother staying any longer
They were an utter disgrace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.