Liverpool v City - post match thread

That's the best way to play Liverpool with our team because we can't hold of the ball and just invited pressure in our half of the pitch!
The best play to play Liverpool is how we played on Sunday.......realise we didn't have the same personel available.......but that's why you have reserves/young players.......trouble is Pellegrini doesn't trust young players.
His default position is to go back to 2 up front...or even 3 last night.
The amount of times he has left us out numbered in the middle is criminal......when Silva or Yaya have played as the number 10 they have played as a second striker...offering the two in the middle no support...Sunday excluded !

The best play to play Liverpool is how we played on Sunday.......realise we didn't have the same personel available.......but that's why you have reserves/young players.......trouble is Pellegrini doesn't trust young players.
His default position is to go back to 2 up front...or even 3 last night.
The amount of times he has left us out numbered in the middle is criminal......when Silva or Yaya have played as the number 10 they have played as a second striker...offering the two in the middle no support...Sunday excluded !

It's bizarre that 3 days earlier he saw the way to do it but then....didn't although Hart was as much to blame for me. Our midfield is poor and not strengthening it was a big mistake. Delph has proved to be another sick note too.

I'm new to the Blue Moon forum guys , I'm a Liverpool supporter but not a bindipper please, I intend to be respectful on the forum .
Firstly let me state that I have always enjoyed watching City play , going back to the sixties, Bell, Summerbee, Book, and all the other great players who have played for the club, I admired Joe Mercer and big Malcolm. I have the utmost respect for Pell both as a manager and a man .
Your club now is amongst the elite of world football and I think they will dominate European football for years to come .
I was at Anfield last night and obviously enjoyed the game .
I look forward to some good debate and some good natured banter on the forum , good to be here .

The space between defenfe and midfield was unbelievable last night and the 2 forwards were so far up front every time we played the ball forward there was no one there to receive it! Really really poor set up from the management!

The space between defenfe and midfield was unbelievable last night and the 2 forwards were so far up front every time we played the ball forward there was no one there to receive it! Really really poor set up from the management!
It's bizarre that 3 days earlier he saw the way to do it but then....didn't although Hart was as much to blame for me. Our midfield is poor and not strengthening it was a big mistake. Delph has proved to be another sick note too.
Woeful display. I feel like I've just gone back 30 years into the past. Played scousers in the league twice goals for 1 goals against 7. It makes them look like champions and us relegation fodder!

I'm new to the Blue Moon forum guys , I'm a Liverpool supporter but not a bindipper please, I intend to be respectful on the forum .
Firstly let me state that I have always enjoyed watching City play , going back to the sixties, Bell, Summerbee, Book, and all the other great players who have played for the club, I admired Joe Mercer and big Malcolm. I have the utmost respect for Pell both as a manager and a man .
Your club now is amongst the elite of world football and I think they will dominate European football for years to come .
I was at Anfield last night and obviously enjoyed the game .
I look forward to some good debate and some good natured banter on the forum , good to be here .

Did someone say something!

Another re occurring theme on here is the amount of comments stating "well 10 years ago we were getting beat off Birmingham, Blackburn" etc..

Thing is we are HERE and NOW with nearly a billion invested in our club. I can stomach poor displays from Barton, Wiekins, Corradi, as they were bang average at best. What I can't stomach is some of Europe's (supposedly) best players churning out displays like last night.

It's becoming a common statement nowadays when fans are saying "that's our worst performance since the takeover". It's nearly every bloody week. I also think this is our worst season since takeover. Trust us to recruit the best manager in world football and fuck it up before he gets here. We'll probably finish 5th then win the champions league to automatically qualify in true TYPICAL CITY style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.