Liverpool v City - post match thread

I'd just like to apologise for my shocker of a post in this thread on Wednesday. Obviously I don't advocate or condone throwing things at players, however annoyed you may be with their performance. Perhaps I should have put something like they should be put in the stocks in City Square and pelted with rotten fruit for that performance but there's no excuse for anyone, particularly a mod, to post what I posted.

As a result, I did what I'd have done with any other user who posted something similar and I agreed with Ric that I'd undergo a 24-hour ban, for those wondering how it was dealt with.

I'm still on board with bags of shit to be fair, they wouldnt hurt anyone ;)

In seriousness, fair play.

I'd just like to apologise for my shocker of a post in this thread on Wednesday. Obviously I don't advocate or condone throwing things at players, however annoyed you may be with their performance. Perhaps I should have put something like they should be put in the stocks in City Square and pelted with rotten fruit for that performance but there's no excuse for anyone, particularly a mod, to post what I posted.

As a result, I did what I'd have done with any other user who posted something similar and I agreed with Ric that I'd undergo a 24-hour ban, for those wondering how it was dealt with.
Welcome to the darkside fella. Coke, whores and forum bans.

My ten pence worth - we need to add some perspective here.

Q: Have you ever seen a City side that was brilliant one day and hopeless the next? Answer: yes

Q: But I bet this never happened in their heyday under a brilliant manger like Mercer or Mancini so we should blame Pellegrini. Answer: Sorry but yes it did and so its a moot point.

Q: I bet City have regularly turned up at Anfield - bossed the game from start to finish and piled in a landslide worth of goals. Answer: Not in living memory I'm afraid.

Q: I bet that for some strange reason at Anfield, every slip or miskick by a city player leads immediately to a goal. Answer: Yes it does.

Q: I bet that for some strange reason at Anfield, every shot from outside of the box is either a screamer into the top corner or tucks inside the post just out of the city keeper's reach. Answer: Yes it does.

Q: I bet that when we play on Merseyside the referee bends in our favour - punishing violent behaviour when it occurs, sending off their players for violent conduct and dishing out yellows for minor infringements by them. When there is sniff of a penalty the first thing the referee thinks of is "...that's a clear penalty for City." Answer: Not in living memory I'm afraid. The very opposite sadly.

Q: I would prefer to lose home and away to Liverpool but still be the one lifting the silverware. In fact it makes it even more special when that happens! Answer: Yes it definitely does.

Like everyone I was sick of what happened on Wedneday but it really was all too familiar and no need to go overboard: in fact there must be something cultural going on when we play Liverpool, which at least made Sunday all the sweeter? Liverpool play like they expect to beat us in every game; they treat our games like a derby only now with added bitterness, booing players and in some cases the whole team for 45 minutes (shame on them). City on the other hand turn up like the good cityzens we are, play as fairly as we can, and by jingo give them a good old open game and jolly well try to take them on. And because City's Derby can only involve playing United it follows we can't approach the game with the right mental attitude and we get done for it (respect to Mancini he learned this the hard way and famously said "...never again.")

The club needs to look at our history, learn from it and in future approach games on Merseyside as if they are tougher, rougher and involve more cheating than in a Derby and accordingly, settle for a draw until we nail this hoodoo.

One more question forumites:

Q: Europa Cup - Liverpool versus Man United next week - who are you rooting for?
Good post mate. I agree.

Ps. Liverpool, der.

Don't think you need to apologise mate. Spoke to you on here and on Twitter and you're a more than reasonable bloke and obviously frustrated. Happens to all of us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.