Liverpool v City - post match thread

Empty performance - seemed like they were going through motions. Well done to everyone who bothered going last night. I know its been an expensive few weeks but not selling out at Liverpool was a surprise to me. Maybe the players sense the supporters have also lost belief.

How many short of selling out were we?

The same person who has helped bring on pep?

I've been on here 5 days and lurked about a month or two. I've seen thread after thread blaming everyone else for things or slating the team rather unnecessarily. Blues with huge post numbers slating other blues who don't share the so called majority view.

what a strange place this place is. Thankfully sure it doesn't represent the clubs following in general.
His view represents most of what I heard at Anfield last night. Those who saw it live knew it was abysmal and I really can't see why you think otherwise.
MP won the league with Mancini's team, but we have to give him credit for the sensational goalscoring burst that helped. But he also did it by winning two fewer points and without the inconvenience of having one of his best players on the golf course for five or six months.
As for the two League Cups please have a look at our opponents: Not a decent side amongst them in either campaign. We certainly didn't beat a side that should worry the team that has finished 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st and 2nd in recent seasons. I know you can only play what's in front of you, but stop ignoring Pellegrini's weaknesses. He's not the abject failure some are making out, but nor is he some sort of master magician.

Some more random musings, having had a few days to calm down...

Liverpool started as Liverpool always start, especially against us. So no surprises there - they pressed all over the pitch, with high energy and most of the possession. But we contained them, and defended well, so far so good.

Then after maybe 20 minutes we got into the game, and started to play our passing game. We created some half-chances and started to look like we were bossing it and I thought for a moment or two that we were going to start to control the game and win it.

And then we had that ridiculous goal and frankly a shocking bit of goalkeeping from our No.1. Looked like he slipped or something, but there's no way we should have been 1-0. And the rest is history. They got their tails up again, us the opposite, they scored another. And then Pellegrini sealed our fate by making changes that made us worse, i.e. by weakening our midfield which was alreay being overrrun and was where our problems lay.

My point is, were it not for that rather fluky opening goal, that game could have gone very differently. Who knows whether Liverpool would have raised their game like they did, had that goal not gone in. I know we wouldn't have changed to 3 strikers, that's for sure, so we know our midfield would not have been so fucked up.

The only real thing it confirmed for me is that our manager is clueless, but I knew that already.

I'd just like to apologise for my shocker of a post in this thread on Wednesday. Obviously I don't advocate or condone throwing things at players, however annoyed you may be with their performance. Perhaps I should have put something like they should be put in the stocks in City Square and pelted with rotten fruit for that performance but there's no excuse for anyone, particularly a mod, to post what I posted.

As a result, I did what I'd have done with any other user who posted something similar and I agreed with Ric that I'd undergo a 24-hour ban, for those wondering how it was dealt with.

I'd just like to apologise for my shocker of a post in this thread on Wednesday. Obviously I don't advocate or condone throwing things at players, however annoyed you may be with their performance. Perhaps I should have put something like they should be put in the stocks in City Square and pelted with rotten fruit for that performance but there's no excuse for anyone, particularly a mod, to post what I posted.

As a result, I did what I'd have done with any other user who posted something similar and I agreed with Ric that I'd undergo a 24-hour ban, for those wondering how it was dealt with.
haha,well done,there were a few precious people in here calling for your head, everyone has a melt down, i felt sick more than angry after that display, welcome back to the madhouse x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.