Liverpool V City pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Players in bold were either taken off during the final or started from the bench)

oh noo noo i can take it with kolarov in but not mdm just noo..he can play in villa game but not tonight ..best team for tonight and then we can make some change for villa game

Hope he proves me wrong but I really can't see Sterling making an impact tomorrow. Between the two sitter misses Sunday, the scouser trying to rough him up afterwards, the heckling...just seems to give the fans and Liverpool extra incentive.
I agree I don't see any relevance playing him in this game. He can easily be rested tonight it's just going to rile them up. I don't think he has the mental strength to be able to cope with it. Or maybe it could just work the other way but I doubt it.

We definitely should play Sterling, I'm sure he wants to prove a point, either by setting up Aguero, or by slotting one in himself.
He's played well in Europe when we've had Aguero out and needed him to step up, I don't see playing at Liverpool as being any more pressure.
Resting him to "protect him" implies he's not mentally strong, when I'm sure he's chomping at the bit to make up for those misses.
Let him run at their defence on the left, Navas on the right ( if Yaya is out) I really hope we batter them again!

I'm usually a half empty kind of guy when it comes to City, but for some reason I have a feeling we could be about to go on a really good run. Our record V Liverpool at Anfield is shocking to say the least and United could very well be level on points with us after tonight (although we do have that game in hand) so there is plenty for me to have my usual pessimistic thoughts about.

It just feels to me like things are slowly falling into place, we've won a couple of really big, important games, the return to fitness of some key players and most importantly those key players upping their own performance.

I have never felt more confident about going to Anfield and getting the win than I do tonight. If we do win and we follow it up with what should be 3 more points against Villa on Saturday then we will be right in it!

that's not really the law of averages, since it's completely independent variables. What happens before has zero actual bearing. You could lose 2947293 times in a row.
the "they're due" is a bookies favorite saying from a degenerate gambler.

In fact I would go further. This isn't the toss of a coin, previous outcomes may influence the future but in the opposite way. If you select 2 teams randomly, say Barcelona and Blyth Spartans and they played 100 times I guess Barcelona would win in excess of 95. That would indicate that they were far more likely to win the 101st game. However if someone wagered me a tenner that Blyth Spartans would win because they were due I would merrily take it.

In an outcome influenced by skill past outcomes can be an indication of future outcomes.

In spite of my previous post I agree with many on here that there has been a sea change in the last week and Pellegrinis decision to throw the Chelsea game doesn't look so bad. As in the previous title winning seasons others look like faltering just as we step up a gear. Keep Kompany, Silva, Yaya Aguero and Ferdinhinho fit for the rest of the season and good things can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.