Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancity dan

After Joe's save last night from Messi's penalty do you now think we will go into this game with more confidence? I think our confidence would have been shot if we had lost 3-1 last night.

Big game this one, if we win we are only 2 points behind the Chavs with them playing the LC final same day.

I would go with:

Hart

Zaba Kompany Mangala Clichy

Fernandinho Yaya

Silva Aguero Nasri

Bony

I think that Joe's save must give the team a great boost. Hope we take a leaf out of Barca's book and play from minute one and get some goals in the first half. Too often this season we' ve not started playing until the second half.

Probably plays 44 fucking 2 again and then wondering how we get outpassed in midfield as dippers play 343...

Plenty of people on here warned of going into this game slow last season and what the consequences of that would be.
As you would expect we started slow. I saw Chelsea go there earlier this season and absolutely powered them off the park. You have to silence the dippers and compete for everything from the first minute. Do this and we will scatter them. That said I think the dippers scored first against the run of play!

I guess every game will be 442 from now on??? Big mistake if so.

I'd go

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
Nasri
Silva
Aguero

I don't get how Navas can go from playing nearly every game in a 20 game-run and then suddenly be blown out, with the whole formation and system seemingly changed again. It's a sign of a manager who doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

mansour's tow ropes said:

I'd go

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
Nasri
Silva
Aguero

I don't get how Navas can go from playing nearly every game in a 20 game-run and then suddenly be blown out, with the whole formation and system seemingly changed again. It's a sign of a manager who doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

That's the team I would also pick. Just need Zab and Vinnie to find their form again. Thought there were good signs from Zab last night, so maybe he is turning a corner.

I wouldn't play Bony in this one. He needs more time watching how we play.

If we survive the first 20 mins onslaught then I think we will do ok.

I don't think we like teams that press us though and Liverpool will be onto this.

Tough game this one with Liverpool on a good run.

The big advantage is them playing in Turkey on Thursday and us playing last night.

We need to win this but I can see a 2-2 draw.

mosssideblue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:

I'd go

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
Nasri
Silva
Aguero

That's the team I would also pick. Just need Zab and Vinnie to find their form again. Thought there were good signs from Zab last night, so maybe he is turning a corner.

He needs to be careful on his challenges if he plays. The one on Messi in the 3rd min of injury time was absolutely criminal. I don't have a clue what he was thinking.

Liverpool are dangerous from set pieces especially if Gerrard plays and Zab is a free kick waiting to happen. Maybe Sagna may be a better option for this one.

I'd go with the exact lineup that beat Newcastle, as that was by far our best performance of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.