Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
miketork said:
Manchester_lalala said:
MichaelBBack said:
If you spend twenty odd million on a player, he's already "earned" his place in your side. Even more so when he plays in the same division as your side and has been knocking goals in (including some corkers against your side) on a regular basis. And even more so when your other strikers (bar one) are doing nothing and you've bought this new player in January, i.e. he's meant to be an impact signing to give you an instant boost in the last 15 games of the season. If we bought Pogba and he was on the bench every week, nobody would be saying "Oh it's alright, he needs to 'earn' his way in". How the hell do you earn your way in without being given a chance anyway, by the way?

People are going on about flappers and all that but not every bit of criticism should be taken so negatively. 4-4-2 hasn't worked for us in a long time and it's daft to attack anyone who has a go at it. Dzeko, similarly, has done nowt in months. Oh yes, he had one game where he played the way a City player should play the other week. Woop-de-doo. That's really an excuse to start saying he's fantastic again after six months with no goals.

All that said, we've still got a chance today. There'll most likely be goals at both ends, I'm glad to see Mangala get a go and this is the sort of game (and time of season) where Yaya starts bossing everyone off the park, so maybe our midfield won't be too overpowered. I can appreciate the idea of playing Kolarov but they will get at him today, that's for certain. 2-2

442 hasn't worked for us in a long time? Must have dreamt that we beat newcastle 5-0 a week ago. We play our best football with 442, that's how we've played for 4 years. I would say get used to it but it's clear that some people can't. I really don't see what people see in 451, it may make us more solid but it has an effect on our attacking threat. We can't go out and play for draws now, we need to be blowing teams away if we're going to have any chance of winning the league.

For me it's not that 442 doesn't work, it works against teams that we are far superior to, we can blow them away as you say. But when we play a team like Barca with world class midfielders, it was so easy for them to work the way through midfield. Liverpool may not have world class players but they're still good and when they outnumber us so heavily in midfield it isn't hard to imagine they will have similar success. We have to be able to adapt as a team, 442 at home to lower teams sure, but away at teams in form with a heavily manned midfield? Not for me. As for losing goalscoring impetus, Dzeko has barely scored this season.. Aguero has scored far more goals up top on his own than when partnered with Dzeko, to me we have the ball more and Aguero gets more involved = more goals, not less. And it also gives us some width, look at the Barca match, we had Dzeko/Aguero as our wide players crossing to Nasri/Silva, not ideal.

We struggled at home last year and away at anfield playing 451. This year we could of beat them by 10 playing 442.

Blueband Brother said:
bobmcfc said:
Blueband Brother said:
Yep me too. Yaya is in there, Dzeko has a point to prove, Aguero is getting back to form and playing well, team seems to have transitioned from the Navas approach with Nasri and Silva playing and linking up well, did I mention Yaya is in there, Kolarov may be a worry for some but I dont think he is or will be as bad as people and fearing and we also need him in there to get games before the Barcelona match. He needs games; he can also provide offensive threat with his crosses for Dzeko and Aguero; he also has a point to prove. I am comfortable with Mangala instead of Dimichelis as he can adjust better to the movement and pace of their offensive players, I also reckon that Liverpool last year is a much better team than it is this year.

So all in all, hopefully we can get the three points and close the gap on Chelsea.

Kolorov looks strong right now, determined. I don't think it was an ability thing with the poor displays I think it was more psychological and his head wasn't in the right place for whatever reason. Yaya being back is a huge boost for this team

Yep, there was a lot of outcry and complains about his behaviour in a few games with people saying he was more focused on the crowd rather than on the pitch. The show of distraction or lack of focus may indeed be due to him not playing as much as he should after the injury and lack of confidence, which then caused him to act out because of some kind of delusion about his roles as a City player. Yeah, psychological but hopefully that phase is over and he can have a good performance today. We need all the players on the right frame of mind and I am confident that they will deliver.

We go again....

Haha

SWP's back said:
Andouble said:
kupest said:
Why are we going to be behind in the second half?

Because the tactics are wrong and we have no backup plan.
Who do you manage professionally again?

I hope I'm wrong more than anyone mate but everyone and their mum knows LFC would put a boatload of players in their midfield, and we counter with 2. Hope our quality can outshine the formation

Surprisingly only the first time in an away game in the league since the defeat against Chelsea in the Autumn of 2013 that we have started with Nasri, Silva, YaYa, Dinho and Kun.

Interestingly since that same Chelsea away game this is the 38th time (equivalent of a full season) YaYa and Dinho have featured together in the Premier League. The record when they have played is W31 D4 L2. Amazing. Win today and that will be 100 points from those 38 games.

Ffs city win today,couldn't stomach the fawning of these fcukers by sky and the media in general if they win,horrible entitlement fcuking club....Cmon City.....

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Will be a tough ask again today with that line-up, cos they will swarm all over us early doors. Would have gone for either Milner or Navas over Dzeko myself. Not convinced either full back is the right call either. They both give away far too many fouls and the dipper hordes will be baying for cards and penalties non-stop

Kolarov in particular makes me very nervous.

Think he was always going to go with two strikers but, in that case, I would have started Bony.

mosssideblue said:
Andouble said:
The rest of the fixtures are relatively straightforward- can probably even do a 4-4-2 away at Spurs and United,but like everyone else I disagree with the team again, everyone knows Liverpool would pack the midfield. Even disagree with the bench. Need Navas as we will be behind in the second half and LFC will have tired legs.

You disagree with the team
You disagree with the subs

OK. Name your team that should start, name the bench and provide us mere mortals into your professional opininion on why you have it sussed better than Pellers.

Don't suspect you will respond, as your just another Fifa game boy

Sure. Navas in for Dzeko (or even Milner out wide and Silva centrally) , and I wouldn't bench our best CB in arguably our toughest remaining league fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.