Liverpool vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart

Zabaleta-Demichellis-Mangala-Clichy

Nasri-Yaya-Fernandinho-Silva

Aguero-Dzeko

Being dropped seemed to wake Hart up a bit maybe it can do the same for Kompany. I don't think we'll miss him particularly in his current form.

I hope we go to Anfield and get a convincing win with a clean sheet for us. It will give the team a huge boost and put a bit more pressure on Maureen and the chavs.

I thought Zab and Clichy were two of our only players who showed a bit of aggression and pressed their opposition number in possession, so thought they both had decent games. Of course it was then those 2 who were guilty of silly challenges late on but rather that than them doing a Fernando.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sagna start Sunday though

BigOscar said:
I'd go with the exact lineup that beat Newcastle, as that was by far our best performance of the season.

Might have been but that doesn't guarantee they can repeat it. Also, that performance was against a team with no real aspirations, unlike Liverpool who have better players and needing to keep the pressure fighting for a CL spot.

spacecadet said:
Plenty of people on here warned of going into this game slow last season and what the consequences of that would be.
As you would expect we started slow. I saw Chelsea go there earlier this season and absolutely powered them off the park. You have to silence the dippers and compete for everything from the first minute. Do this and we will scatter them. That said I think the dippers scored first against the run of play!

We do need to start well but they play a totally different way now 3 5 2 set up to contain rather than an all out blitz and to be honest look very average as long as we are up for this and pressure the ball like we did on Saturday this should be 3 points

Nothing wrong with playing 4-4-2 if we play the right way press high up the pitch and don't give the opposition space and time to play that said id go 4-4-1-1 with silva just off aguero and bring mangala in for vinny

hart

zabba
mdm
mangala
clichy

diniho
yaya
navas
nasri

silva

aguero

I personally can't see us winning this game unless Yaya and Kun each have one of their superhuman games. They've turned a corner since about December and are the League's form team.

Personally I would be happy with a point.

Joe
Sagna Kompany Mangala Clichy
Nasri Yaya Fernandinho Silva
Kun Dzeko

mancity dan said:
After Joe's save last night from Messi's penalty do you now think we will go into this game with more confidence? I think our confidence would have been shot if we had lost 3-1 last night.

Big game this one, if we win we are only 2 points behind the Chavs with them playing the LC final same day.

I would go with:

Hart

Zaba Kompany Mangala Clichy

Fernandinho Yaya

Silva Aguero Nasri

Bony

:(

We are so screwed.

We do not match up well AT ALL.

---------------------------Hart

Zabaleta---Kompany----Mangala-----Clichy

----------------Dinho---Yaya---Milner

---------Silva-----------Aguero-----------Nasri

Won't happen tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.