Living next to Asbestos building

BlueBearBoots said:
Mesothelioma - nasty dealt with a few claims for that. The claimant usually dies before the claim is settled :(

My ex father in law died of it at age 57. Horrible disease by all accounts. Think he got it from direct contact in a job he had back in the late 50's.

mackenzie said:
BlueBearBoots said:
Mesothelioma - nasty dealt with a few claims for that. The claimant usually dies before the claim is settled :(

My ex father in law died of it at age 57. Horrible disease by all accounts. Think he got it from direct contact in a job he had back in the late 50's.

So nasty Shaz plumbers, builders even the wives washing their overalls I've dealt with all sorts of horrid claims from this :(

BlueBearBoots said:
mackenzie said:
BlueBearBoots said:

So nasty Shaz plumbers, builders even the wives washing their overalls I've dealt with all sorts of horrid claims from this :(

Hi BBB
He had died before I met my ex, but I think he got it working at a place that had something to do with car clutches.
On a side note, a building I worked in back in the early 80's was found to have it after we moved and all the staff were given letters confirming this to give to our GP's. One member of staff, who had been there when renovations were going on, died just a few years ago at age 67 and it was definitely something related. However, to put the OP's mind at rest, it was direct contact rather than just in the building/vicinity.

mackenzie said:
BlueBearBoots said:
mackenzie said:

Hi BBB
He had died before I met my ex, but I think he got it working at a place that had something to do with car clutches.
On a side note, a building I worked in back in the early 80's was found to have it after we moved and all the staff were given letters confirming this to give to our GP's. One member of staff, who had been there when renovations were going on, died just a few years ago at age 67 and it was definitely something related. However, to put the OP's mind at rest, it was direct contact rather than just in the building/vicinity.

Yep apparently you have to breathe the fibres in - usually when it's damaged etc

You find asbestos in some weird places too, a lot of old duct work tape is made from it, even some drywall textures contain it. As BBB pointed out it's not harmful though until it's airborne in a dust and even then it takes quite a lot of exposure to it to be really bad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.