Loaded firestick

VPNs can also give you extra speed.
I use Surfshark and my usual download with Vodafone is around 75mbs but with Surfshark it’s almost twice as fast At 145mbs.

interesting. This makes no sense to be honest. A VPN just encrypts the traffic from your device to the ISP. You’re still bound by the ISP speeds.

Maybe the VPN gets that speed through to the speed checker but you will still be limited to the speed of the ISP. Unless the ISP is throttling by some odd IP system that the VPN hides but it will be odd

interesting. This makes no sense to be honest. A VPN just encrypts the traffic from your device to the ISP. You’re still bound by the ISP speeds.

Maybe the VPN gets that speed through to the speed checker but you will still be limited to the speed of the ISP. Unless the ISP is throttling by some odd IP system that the VPN hides but it will be odd
I was always under the impression that a vpn would, if anything, reduce your speed.

On the subject of firesticks. I watch all the football through the fubu app on a firestick.
I share my details with my Mum who watches through the fubu app on her smart t.v without a firestick.
My stream is always around 30s delayed compared to hers.

So basically are you saying I flick the firestick on go into my iptv app watch a football match and they know what your watching or see what your watching ? If I’ve got that right how is that even possible ?

They can if they are looking.

Trying to layman terms this without diagrams isn’t the easiest.

Your fire stick connects to your router. Your router connect’s to your supplier ( by/sky/etc)

Your supplier can and will take a record of every site visited from your router. It knows what you look at as it is the one actually making the connection to the “download site” and is returning the data to your router.

All they need to know is a list of dodgy download sites and they will immediately know you have been looking at them.

A VPN in effect replaces the provider as what connects to the “download site” so all sky/bt etc know is you connected to a VPN. They have no view of what sites you look at.

Lots of pay for VPN’s operate a “no logging” policy so even if the authorities ask what you have been looking at they have nothing to provide.

On the subject of firesticks. I watch all the football through the fubu app on a firestick.
I share my details with my Mum who watches through the fubu app on her smart t.v without a firestick.
My stream is always around 30s delayed compared to hers.
I had one but it slowed things down (and the BBC figured out I was using a firestick Hahaha) binned it in the end. I also think they install spyware on your system. Never had one since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.