Loaded firestick

Been using the Internet since day dot. And firesticks Never paid for a VPN. Even loaded them for the police. You are literally paying them to see what yer up to, and sell it(advertising). Free ones out there do the same shit so if yer abroad and want to watch sommat, use a free one. Also done forums and the mods know what tabs are open on yer pc etc.. This was years ago so Christ knows what they get from snoopin now. Spooky...

All depends if you give a shit
Internet police my arse

Yes it will. Anything connected to imternet
That's not quite correct. If the VPN is applied at the Router level, then anything going via WiFi or the Router goes via the VPN, but if just on a laptop it only affects that Laptop, so to get protection the VPN needs to also be on the Firestick.

Last edited:
Just as an extra note, I know it's not common place but I work in a prison and we do have lads in who have been busted for streaming.

Just as an extra note, I know it's not common place but I work in a prison and we do have lads in who have been busted for streaming.
I’d hope if they were inside it was for some major distribution and uploading, not just for watching a stream at home. If it was for the latter, it’s no wonder our prison system is fit to burst!

I'm hopeless with such things. I have McAfee antivirus on mylaptop and after reading this thread I decided to activate the VPN it provides.

Will it also provide the VPN for the Firestick? I think it will as everything goes through the one router?
Just checked and Mcafee doesn’t work on routers. It’s just on the device you have it on like you laptop.

Looks like you can install the Mcafee Android app on the fire stick but it may not be the easiest thing to do. There are plenty of YouTube videos to do it if you want to attempt it.

It’s not something I’ve done personally.

Been using the Internet since day dot. And firesticks Never paid for a VPN. Even loaded them for the police. You are literally paying them to see what yer up to, and sell it(advertising). Free ones out there do the same shit so if yer abroad and want to watch sommat, use a free one. Also done forums and the mods know what tabs are open on yer pc etc.. This was years ago so Christ knows what they get from snoopin now. Spooky...

All depends if you give a shit

While this is technically true in terms of what you’re exposing data wise. it depends on if you trust the VPN supplier or not. Nord for example has a no collection, tracking or selling you data policy.

Your ISP will be doing most of these things and is legally required to log and hand over your data on request. Thankfully the snoopers charter didn’t get fully passed as part of that was to allow mp’s to see that data without a warrant.

If you use a free VPN be very careful with what you do while in it ( checking bank accounts etc ). VPNs are not a cheap set up. Free ones will be making money somehow and they will 100% be harvesting everything they can from you.

I just bought a fire stick and pay some geezer about £30 a year for all films, sport, series, Netflix, prime, etc...
I was doing that but it just stopped working properly so I didn't renew. You'd get 20 minutes into a film and it started going weird and unwatchable and even stopping.
It's not my internet as i get 25 MBits per second and everything else like Netflix, City + works fine.

I had a VPN for a year but it slowed things down and I was glad to be shut of it, I suspected it was spying.

I've never had anti virus in twenty years, had a bad virus once and just did a reset to get rid of it..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.