Local Elections

Utter nonsense!
There should be robust ID controls at all voting booths.
Without it corruption is guaranteed and we are no better than a 3rd world country.

Haha.

In the country's where ID cards are an obligation, voter ID works fine. In other countries, such as the UK, where they aren't, then it is a very clear attempt to target a certain 'type'.

there's nothing wrong with being asked for ID to vote, if you don't have some, and you really care about your vote, you'd make the necessary preparations. People turned away clearly didn't care enough about their vote otherwise they'd have prepared accordingly. Certain people have labelled them derogatory terms to justify them not having the right ID to vote, I think they are all grown adults and perfectly able to sort some ID out, and we should hold them to the same standard as everyone else regardless of who they vote for.

“You don’t know stuff about stuff” Hahahaha

As opposed to pinching “stuff” off Twitter and clogging the forum with it?

So what you’re both saying is Labour supporters are thick and the Tories know this so have purposely introduced ID cards that don’t work properly to win seats?

And to add to that immigrants too, the people in society who probably know more about proving identification more than anyone?

Can you tell me where the Tories are disadvantaging students? Please do not say actually making them vote from their own postcode, rather than tactically choosing where they vote.

Give it a rest with the insults.

Where do you begin with this stuff!

If you won't do any research whatsoever, what's the point of me going off and doing it for you? You most likely won't read it and you will disagree with it anyway, for no other reason than you want to.

OK, let's try another tack? Do you see any downsides to the proposed boundary changes? Why are the Tories trying to push this through and why are some people opposed to it?

You're a man with strong opinions, fingers on the pulse, let's hear what you have to say.

Looks like a bit of a mixed bag really. The Conservatives losing control of Trafford, meaning there are no Tory councils in Greater Manchester, is obviously a positive for those of us on the left.

Overall though it looks a fairly underwhelming night for Labour. Given the state of the government (Windrush scandal, no coherent Brexit plan, continued cuts to services etc), a credible opposition should have been looking to make huge gains. It’s fairly damning on Corbyn then that Labour were unable to do so, outside of a small expected swing in London.

I agree. This failure to win considerably more seats with the Tories in so much controversy, I hope underlined the fact in Scotland that Labour will never beat the Tories.

With us being dragged out of Europe against our wishes and Labour being unable to win in England I hope will help us if and when Indy Ref 2 comes along.

I still can’t see us winning with a Yes vote, but, Labour’s impotency will certainly help.

Last night was one when Labour should havecsweot the board. The fact they didn’t says it all. If they get rid of Corbyn then we are back to Tory Light. Underlining yet again it’s right wing rule forever and a day.

Haha.

In the country's where ID cards are an obligation, voter ID works fine. In other countries, such as the UK, where they aren't, then it is a very clear attempt to target a certain 'type'.

Of course, We are not obliged to hold ID cards in this country, so why oblige us to produce one to vote, particularly as the alternatives, passport and driving licence, are not held by everyone, and not surprisingly the demographic unlikely to hold a driving licence or passport is more likely to vote Labour.

This is basic stuff, there are some posters in here making themselves look very foolish banging on about this, this is a given, everyone who knows this shit knows this.

I agree. This failure to win considerably more seats with the Tories in so much controversy, I hope underlined the fact in Scotland that Labour will never beat the Tories.

With us being dragged out of Europe against our wishes and Labour being unable to win in England I hope will help us if and when Indy Ref 2 comes along.

I still can’t see us winning with a Yes vote, but, Labour’s impotency will certainly help.

Last night was one when Labour should havecsweot the board. The fact they didn’t says it all. If they get rid of Corbyn then we are back to Tory Light. Underlining yet again it’s right wing rule forever and a day.

Labour was never going to sweep the board last night, the Labour Party knew this.

The UKIP collapse helped the Tories, but the on going civil war in the Labour Party and it's various manifestations is the real problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.