Lockdown living tips

TCIB

Since many of us will have our lifestyle changed for a few months it seemed prudent to start a tip thread specific to the current situation. Relieving bordom, maintaining a mental state you would like to keep or attain and so on.

If you have any good ideas post them here.

For myself keeping the area you frequent most clean and ordered. It provokes a sense of comfort and wellbieng. For example i spend a lot of time chilling on my bed reading with lucozade bottles and food plates able to mount up very quick in just a few hours. Clean that shit up! you will become sloppy. Your environment will mirror your mentality. Make your bed, keep the house on point!

If you already garden then you are sorted, fix that soil ph, make that composting box, try again to grow lemon thyme without a greenhouse. For those who don't and have kids; Now would be a fine time to sew the seeds of growing your own into their minds, excuse the pun.

Anything, TV shows that come on for the kids, a quick heads up for a film thats on TV etc, anything like that. Easy hobbies, bbq'ing tips, nature walks you find, post your day kinda stuff, anything at all really in that ball park.

I see some advice given on other threads but it is quickly swamped out diluted in the sea of posts we are having regarding this virus. A dedicated thread for such things seems a good idea. Please accept my apologies mods if you think i have been at the shiraz all night and need to shut up. I will accept the thread deletion with the grace of a tired 2yo :-D

Lots of walks in the countryside, which we've always done.

Dusted off the old dumbbells and yoga mat.

Rediscovered how therapeutic it can be making Airfix kits! Done a Vulcan already now working on a Lightning! Loads of them available on ebay.

Reading - books instead of the iPad, there's fuck all to look at online with no sport.

Gardening.

And the mrs can spend hours cleaning anyway, she loves it! Even more so now.

A lot of reading for me. We also tried to continue our poker night last. using an online version. That was a bit shit to be fair, kept crashing , but used google hangouts which I’ve never heard of before so we could all see each other on video and chat during the game. If we could find a decent poker site to allow us to play we’d have it nailed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.