Lodge "intent to purchase" away match tickets

Uber Blues

Mod's i hope you will let this thread run a little just to gain some thought's from other's, and in the hope the club may latch on to this idea.
This thread is not about "loyalty points" as such and the why's and wherefores of the point's system and it's fairness, but more about leaving fan's high and dry having committed to time off work, booking and paying for travel, flight's, Ferry's and hotels, with no chance of a match ticket.

The Ajax away game is a good example of what ammounts to Hundreds, if not thousands of fan's committing and paying for travel and accommodation to travel thinking as per the City website they will have enough points for a ticket, ie 6000 point's as from 1pm Friday 12th October.
The reality as we all know was somewhat different, with i think anyone under 8000 point's missing out ? I will stand corrected on that if i'm wrong. I don't want this to be about the point's system, although i do have thought's on that, this is just about putting something in place that allows information re ticket's to be, A) more accurate, and, B) with a bigger time frame prior to the date of the game in question.
My thought was to see if City could introduce some sort of Pre purchase intent 30 day's in advance of any fixture away, ie Ajax. That way City will be aware of just how many supporters intend to travel to this game and have the required points, ie 8500 to purchase a match ticket. A short window of intent for all purchase groups that are entitled to buy ticket's and thus making a commitment to do so would therefore save other's, (me) buying up flight's, and booking hotels knowing that they will not have the point's to gain a ticket due to the demand lodged by those on higher points.
If 2600 apply for tickets with 8500 points then that's fair, as long as the names on the card's are the names that travel to the game, although that's maybe another can of worm's for another day.
My story was i did'nt book flights on spikes day trip for Madrid because i did'nt think i would get a ticket, guess what...i got the ticket but all the flights i wanted were gone, now i book the flight for Amsterdam with spike and i can't get a ticket on my point's through the proper channels, so i will beg, borrow etc etc to try and get one (which i have thankfully) but that's luck and i could, like other's be out of pocket in term's of my time and money. I've booked and paid for flight's for me and my lad to Dortmund, will i get match tickets ?? Have'nt got a clue and wont know til were right on top of the fixture.
All i'm asking is that City insist on getting pre purchase intention and commitment from high points supporters so the information they release when the ticket allocation is obtained (from Ajax in this case) is accurate. It would simply save a lot of false hope and huge expense for our loyal fan's a lot of whom will be travelling to watch the live game in a bar in Amsterdam on TV!!
Just my two penny's worth guy's.

Re: Lodge"Intent to purchase" away match ticket's.

good idea but surely everyone will just say they want to go. Circumstances change and why lose the opportunity to go. You may find that the points total actually goes up with people covering all eventualities

That's sounds like 4/11d's worth. Or now were the richest team on the planet, five guineas!

But good point. I'm not a great away-dayer. Odd trip to Goodison when we couldn't win a throw-in, and the 'which comes first - the ticket or the flight' is always a poser for those hovering around six or seven thousand points, or even less!

Good idea, but the ticket office cannot even cope with just selling the flaming tickets, I seriously doubt they could do anything like this without it being a monumental cock up each time.
Just my 1.5p worth.

great idea was also raised at the points of blue meeting this week the city staff said they would have a look at the practicabilities

in conversation what also came up was the day to day process of actually deciding what away tickets MCFC buy for away games.

They base the numbers on last years sales so for e.g Everton last season moved at the last moment only 800 sold MCFC left with a similar amount

Fulham this year offered double what we sold but because the charity shield wasn't a sell out MCFC did not take the the extra allocation

All this supports the idea about getting in advance an indication about how many tickets MCFC will sell
With the recession its makes sense for the fans who don't want to as the chap above book travel then be disappointed or the club left with shed loads of unsold tickets

hope others will add their support

birchvillablue said:
Good idea, but the ticket office cannot even cope with just selling the flaming tickets, I seriously doubt they could do anything like this without it being a monumental cock up each time.
Just my 1.5p worth.

How many ticket's do we get allocated for ANY away game this side of the FA cup, 1500 to 4000 average numbers ?
Not like they're churning through 47000 tickets every week is it ?

Give me the job as away ticket applications recieved manager, i'll sort it!

One alternative for Euro trips, although not perfect, would be for the club to ask for proof of travel and accommodation bookings (either in person or via e-mail) before handing over the match tickets.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.viagogo.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.viagogo.nl</a> selling tkts for ajax game,if anyone wants a ticket but not managed to get one through city,and booked flights,hotel etc.its worth a try.I bought some tkts for an england game at ajax from a dutch website a few years ago,tickets arrived ok.

Won't work.

Why? Because 99% of people will say they intend to go. (The further away the event, the more optimistic people will be that they will actually attend).

Plus, let's face it, we're heading towards a ballot system (probably the season after next).

Why? Because there will be a core group of the same people buying every single away ticket, knowing that they can easily sell them on. That isn't in the club's interest, in the long run, so they'll shake things up again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.