Lodge "intent to purchase" away match tickets

Re: Lodge"Intent to purchase" away match ticket's.

Fanny Fart said:
johnbmcr said:
great idea was also raised at the points of blue meeting this week the city staff said they would have a look at the practicabilities

in conversation what also came up was the day to day process of actually deciding what away tickets MCFC buy for away games.

They base the numbers on last years sales so for e.g Everton last season moved at the last moment only 800 sold MCFC left with a similar amount

Fulham this year offered double what we sold but because the charity shield wasn't a sell out MCFC did not take the the extra allocation

All this supports the idea about getting in advance an indication about how many tickets MCFC will sell
With the recession its makes sense for the fans who don't want to as the chap above book travel then be disappointed or the club left with shed loads of unsold tickets

hope others will add their support

What the fuck has the charity shield got to do with how many we can sell for Fulham away? If this is an insight into how the club makes their decisions, it shows how badly run the ticket side of things is
also city did sell there allocation out for the charity shield

Fanny Fart said:
johnbmcr said:
great idea was also raised at the points of blue meeting this week the city staff said they would have a look at the practicabilities

in conversation what also came up was the day to day process of actually deciding what away tickets MCFC buy for away games.

They base the numbers on last years sales so for e.g Everton last season moved at the last moment only 800 sold MCFC left with a similar amount

Fulham this year offered double what we sold but because the charity shield wasn't a sell out MCFC did not take the the extra allocation

All this supports the idea about getting in advance an indication about how many tickets MCFC will sell
With the recession its makes sense for the fans who don't want to as the chap above book travel then be disappointed or the club left with shed loads of unsold tickets

What the fuck has the charity shield got to do with how many we can sell for Fulham away? If this is an insight into how the club makes their decisions, it shows how badly run the ticket side of things is
was thinking exactly the same
how can they equate a 17000 allocation in the midlands for a glorified friendly is the same as 1700 tickets for a non televised game at one of the best away days?

tasker said:
Fanny Fart said:
johnbmcr said:

also city did sell there allocation out for the charity shield

Yeah I thought we did as well.

I don't get the thinking behind these decisions.

Fulham 3pm Saturday game not televised - we take the lower allocation.
West Ham 5.30 televised game, plus it's a rush to make the last train home - we take the full allocation!

I'd like the club to be more open regarding away ticket allocations prior to tickets going on sale.

There's absolutely no reason why the club can't show a breakdown on the OS of tickets allocated to players/staff, Sponsors, Superbia, Thomas Cook, branches, tickets going on sale via loyalty points, etc.

I'm not asking for specific details, but a general breakdown would be welcomed. As it is it's all cloak and dagger, with little or no feedback coming from the club as to how away tickets are allocated.

I expect this doable request to fall on deaf ears. :-(

wouldnt change much as city can only release ticket prices/numbers once ajax tell them.

ppl would say they want to go then change minds.

GXCity said:
mcfcloz said:
There is no system that will please everyone.

A ballot isn't a fair way to do it...as seen with the scum the same lot still go every week.

You say the loyalty system does work? Give me the perfect solution then? You say those with higher points sell them on... but the majority of those on the highest points are there for a reason and have earnt them over the years!

Supporters branches are opening all over the place, they are using all the high cards of other members, then using their allocation for tickets on the lowest points. So people on 2000 points then get a ticket because they are part of a branch?!

There is no fair system, but to scrap the loyalty scheme now after we have spent 10 years building up is unfair!! Why should someone who has just started following us get a chance of tickets over me when I have followed us home and away for 18 years?

I for one would go mad if the loyalty scheme was axed.

This

That.

Everyone has had the chance to build up their points over the same ten year period.

danebanksheik said:
whp.blue said:
I know this idea will not be popular but it seems the best way forward for the club because it is clear that many fans are not happy with the current system

I think the time is coming where the club just offer say 2500 away season tickets

To maximise the clubs profits they should work out how much each away game costs and come up with a minimum figure and then offer the new away season tickets to the people who already have a normal season ticket on an auction basis with sealed bids the highest bidders winning

That way the club will get higher revenue which will help the FFP and the away season tickets would have to be paid for in advance so the club reduces its risks with tickets

then when the opportunity arises the club could take a bigger allocation and sell them by points or ballot

the demand would probably be very high when this happened
iirc The club do not get income from the sale of away tickets except in FA or League Cups? All league & CL gate money goes to home side.

two points
point one
the club would make any money bid above the face value
point two
the club has to pay for any unsold tickets in some circumstances if away season tickets were sold the club could eliminate these costs

de niro said:
GXCity said:
mcfcloz said:
There is no system that will please everyone.

A ballot isn't a fair way to do it...as seen with the scum the same lot still go every week.

You say the loyalty system does work? Give me the perfect solution then? You say those with higher points sell them on... but the majority of those on the highest points are there for a reason and have earnt them over the years!

Supporters branches are opening all over the place, they are using all the high cards of other members, then using their allocation for tickets on the lowest points. So people on 2000 points then get a ticket because they are part of a branch?!

There is no fair system, but to scrap the loyalty scheme now after we have spent 10 years building up is unfair!! Why should someone who has just started following us get a chance of tickets over me when I have followed us home and away for 18 years?

I for one would go mad if the loyalty scheme was axed.

This

That.

Everyone has had the chance to build up their points over the same ten year period.
When we moved to the COMS I came with the 1,500 points City gave me. On April 16th 2010 It had built up to 4,205. Having since then retired from working, I have been able to attend every Home and Away game I could purchase from the Club plus a few from other sources. As of Oct 10th 2012 my points total has moved up to 10,005. That's 5,800 points gained in just 30 months. Points can be built up by anyone with a bit of effort and dedication. Wife and Kids permission needed. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.