Lodge "intent to purchase" away match tickets

whp.blue said:
I know this idea will not be popular but it seems the best way forward for the club because it is clear that many fans are not happy with the current system

I think the time is coming where the club just offer say 2500 away season tickets

To maximise the clubs profits they should work out how much each away game costs and come up with a minimum figure and then offer the new away season tickets to the people who already have a normal season ticket on an auction basis with sealed bids the highest bidders winning

That way the club will get higher revenue which will help the FFP and the away season tickets would have to be paid for in advance so the club reduces its risks with tickets

then when the opportunity arises the club could take a bigger allocation and sell them by points or ballot

the demand would probably be very high when this happened
iirc The club do not get income from the sale of away tickets except in FA or League Cups? All league & CL gate money goes to home side.

grantiemcfc said:
why did the club not sell vouchers 3 or four weeks ago to buy a ticket. When the tickets arrived from ajax the could of been swapped for a match ticket with seat number block etc
This has to be the way to go although with Ajax they didnt know the numbers of tickets last week but they could have a decent guess. It has to be a guaranteed purchase for the club as well otherwise it would become a nightmare administrating returns.

i seem to recall my rag mate telling me that their euro games, you apply for your ticket, if your application is successful then you get your match day ticket from a named official hotel on the day of the game, you have to show your passport etc etc to obtain your ticket, one ticket per person, reckons its stopped all the hassle as no one is going to travel to europe, get a ticket for his mate then fly home, pretty sure thats how it works

wilky2868 said:
i seem to recall my rag mate telling me that their euro games, you apply for your ticket, if your application is successful then you get your match day ticket from a named official hotel on the day of the game, you have to show your passport etc etc to obtain your ticket, one ticket per person, reckons its stopped all the hassle as no one is going to travel to europe, get a ticket for his mate then fly home, pretty sure thats how it works
This has to be the perfect solution to ensuring that those who are entitled to tickets get the tickets and go to the games. But how much would it cost the club to organise when they get no income from the game.

Fans booked transport after the draw in August within several hours.

It isn't possible for the club to legislate for that.

Ballots would just leave even more fans uncertain and is a grossly unfair system.

We just have a lot of fans who hardly went away now going on a regular basis, and this has been slowly growing since the takeover in 2007. The season before we were hitting a real low in away support bar the FA Cup games.

Re: Lodge "intent to purchase" away match tickets

Corky said:

Ballots would just leave even more fans uncertain and is a grossly unfair system.

We just have a lot of fans who hardly went away now going on a regular basis, and this has been slowly growing since the takeover in 2007. The season before we were hitting a real low in away support bar the FA Cup games.

Agreed, the ballot isn't a fair system for lots of reasons.

Re: Lodge

allan harper said:
Corky said:

ok well let's walk before we try to run. All those who have commited to buying a ticket (let's say for Ajax away) and have enough points will get a ticket. The ticket's can be either handed out on Thomas Cooke flight's or indeed any organised trip offered by other groups such as spikes trip etc, all this on production of your passport on board, and or your purchase receipt/season card. Any freelance travellers, of which there will be lot's can collected tickets from City officials either at the stadium or a pre arranged hotel locations near to the ground. City take officials anyway on away trips from stewards to other officials so it can be done with a little and thought.
What does it achieve ?? Total fairness or as near as it's possible to be anyway.

Re: Lodge "intent to purchase" away match tickets

Uber Blues said:
allan harper said:
Corky said:

ok well let's walk before we try to run. All those who have commited to buying a ticket (let's say for Ajax away) and have enough points will get a ticket. The ticket's can be either handed out on Thomas Cooke flight's or indeed any organised trip offered by other groups such as spikes trip etc, all this on production of your passport on board, and or your purchase receipt/season card. Any freelance travellers, of which there will be lot's can collected tickets from City officials either at the stadium or a pre arranged hotel locations near to the ground. City take officials anyway on away trips from stewards to other officials so it can be done with a little and thought.
What does it achieve ?? Total fairness or as near as it's possible to be anyway.

I have enough points to get a ticket for anywhere, I do euro trips with my mates, we prefer to do our own thing and not to be told what to do like spikes tc trips. Sometimes I don't want to get to the game until kick off, like Shalke the train broke down on route to the ground. I don't want to be fannying around trying to find some City official to pick up my ticket, have you seen the state of some City fans on a European tour ?

Re: Lodge

allan harper said:
Uber Blues said:
allan harper said:

I have enough points to get a ticket for anywhere, I do euro trips with my mates, we prefer to do our own thing and not to be told what to do like spikes tc trips. Sometimes I don't want to get to the game until kick off, like Shalke the train broke down on route to the ground. I don't want to be fannying around trying to find some City official to pick up my ticket, have you seen the state of some City fans on a European tour ?

Yep I've seen the state of some City fan's on tour and if they are that pissed they can't walk, or work out which way is up, tough shit. It's not uncommon to pick ticket's up at a sporting venue though is it.

Re: Lodge"Intent to purchase" away match ticket's.

johnbmcr said:
great idea was also raised at the points of blue meeting this week the city staff said they would have a look at the practicabilities

in conversation what also came up was the day to day process of actually deciding what away tickets MCFC buy for away games.

They base the numbers on last years sales so for e.g Everton last season moved at the last moment only 800 sold MCFC left with a similar amount

Fulham this year offered double what we sold but because the charity shield wasn't a sell out MCFC did not take the the extra allocation

All this supports the idea about getting in advance an indication about how many tickets MCFC will sell
With the recession its makes sense for the fans who don't want to as the chap above book travel then be disappointed or the club left with shed loads of unsold tickets

hope others will add their support

What the fuck has the charity shield got to do with how many we can sell for Fulham away? If this is an insight into how the club makes their decisions, it shows how badly run the ticket side of things is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.