lokeren pics/vids?

Blue Punter said:
berger1985 said:
My first euro away game! I remember it kicking off in the stand to the right of the away stand, there were rumours about it being Antwerp fans.

The song was something like "Oh oh ohoooo, oh oh ohoooooo, oooooooohoooo oooooohooo", hope that helps haha!

I remember it as...

"aye di aye di oooh, aye di aye di oooh"
"aye di aye di oooh, aye di aye di oooh"

It was defo berger's version. Brilliant when people get involved and would look as good as the poznan with the swirling scarf's and jumping.

My first euro trip so remember it well. 2 nights in Antwerp trying to avoid a big mob of Geordies looking for city fans. They were playing some Dutch team just across the border.

We found the red light area of Antwerp so had an, ahem, interesting time!

Drinking in the square at Lokeren all afternoon prior to the game. The locals were fantastic with us

Remember the security at the game being a joke. Ticketless blues getting in by flashing beer mats at the stewards. Also remember some gobshite scouser pushing in at the front of the food van and saying he was Joey Bartons brother. Believed him too cos he looked like him. He's probably the one now doing life for murder

The train station after the match was chaos as police were trying to restrict numbers getting in to the station. So instead hundreds of city fans were clambering up embankments and across tracks to get to trains sat at the platform

Chadblue wrote
Remember the security at the game being a joke. Ticketless blues getting in by flashing beer mats at the stewards. Also remember some gobshite scouser pushing in at the front of the food van and saying he was Joey Bartons brother. Believed him too cos he looked like him. He's probably the one now doing life for murder

Was there too, mad one, we drove from Shaw to Belgium two brothers in the front argued all the way by far the best away I have done. the real return to Europe. The words were I'm Joey Barton's cousin like it mean't something, soon got on his toes tho.

Stopped in Ghent, funny really there was a international film festival on with 100's of pissed up blues wandering around a very beautiful city. Some soon clicked on you get wine and eats at some of the events, hehe, nightmare.

Irish bar headquarters, some very old faces at the game from the 70's and 80's a great euro away, match was poor tho from what I recall.

Linked up with some mad Lokeren guy, showed us the dark side of Belgium.

Was at the match, sat near where the trouble was, City fans thought that a bit of fighting in the Lokeren section was Blues in trouble and started to react. It became apparant that it was just rival Belgian fans and it all calmed down, handbags really.
We were staying in Gent, it cost us 20 euro in a taxi to get to Lokeren, jumped in a taxi after the game and the driver wanted 20 euro each off 4 of us, stating that he didn't want to go to Gent! I told him he was a taxi driver and should go where we wanted, had an argument and told him to feck off.
We were stranded in Lokeren, no transport and everywhere looked shut, my friends were not happy. Then I spotted a small light, it was a pub, we were saved. It was full of Lokeren fans who were brilliant, introduced us to a couple of the players and joined in with us singing anti rag songs. We swapped our shirts and after about 3 hours a local fella give us a lift to Gent for 20 euro.
Top night, great hospitality, top people.

roytoncity said:
Chadblue wrote

Was there too, mad one, we drove from Shaw to Belgium two brothers in the front argued all the way by far the best away I have done. the real return to Europe. The words were I'm Joey Barton's cousin like it mean't something, soon got on his toes tho.

Stopped in Ghent, funny really there was a international film festival on with 100's of pissed up blues wandering around a very beautiful city. Some soon clicked on you get wine and eats at some of the events, hehe, nightmare.

Irish bar headquarters, some very old faces at the game from the 70's and 80's a great euro away, match was poor tho from what I recall.

Linked up with some mad Lokeren guy, showed us the dark side of Belgium.

Spooky, Did the same. Drove from Hollinwood down to Dover, 1 hour ferry to France. Then drove up through France to Gent. Then on the day of the game went to the Celtic Tower (the Irish bar) and sank some strong ale.Then we went to Lockeren drinking and singing with fellow Blues and having friendly banter with the Lockeren fans. Walked into the stadium, no security, straight onto the pitch. Watched the first 20mins sat behind the goal with a couple of photographers, Ive still got the pictures from a programme a week or 2 later, me sat behind the goal infront of the away end full of pissed up Blues. Finally a steward moved me to the main stand behind the dugout. After the game back to Gent on the train, and back to the Celtic Towers where I drank more strong ale and fell asleep. Fantastic away trip that, great town Gent, and a great Pub with a top Irish landlord. Will definitely go back there.

My 2nd euro away trip before that was tns LOL

Loads of lads got in without tickets every stand was full of city, i remember watching city fans getting onto the pitch and taking photos of us behind the goal hahah and there was some nutter climbing up the pole that was holding the net up. i also remember a big water canon tank thing driving about.

the highlight was before the game in some old belgian pub every1 was drinking trapist(sp?) all singing would you like another trapist georgie best.

the pub owner came in and starting singin summit like we love you england and started kissing our england/city flag lol i have a lokeren scarf wich i swapped with some friendly lokeren fans :D one of the best away trips ever.

and the song was

WOOO oh oh oh, woo oh oh oh, woo oh oh oh

Remember a few of us trying to get the McManamam muppet show song going. Walking back to the station after the match walking over a few bodies. Missed the last train back to Brussels and drank in the pub by the station with a load of blues (free the Droylsden 2!) till about 2am, got a minibus taxi back and staggering through the hotel foyer picked up some wax fruit and ate it. Next mornng back at the airport threw up in a cleaners bucket. Top trip.

chaddblue said:
My first euro trip so remember it well. 2 nights in Antwerp trying to avoid a big mob of Geordies looking for city fans. They were playing some Dutch team just across the border.

We found the red light area of Antwerp so had an, ahem, interesting time!

Drinking in the square at Lokeren all afternoon prior to the game. The locals were fantastic with us

The train station after the match was chaos as police were trying to restrict numbers getting in to the station. So instead hundreds of city fans were clambering up embankments and across tracks to get to trains sat at the platform

I was on the row right behind him, Joey's dad and uncle. They were typical lippy scousers, not sure if the brother is the one in jail.

Great trip but I'm still amazed that stand didn't collapse with all the freeloaders as well as the 4,000 "official" blues jumping up and down!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.