London Based Blues-New venue

One thing I'll give you peoffrey...is that you are a good example of that old saying in the retail trade:
...give someone good service, and they will tell a friend
...give someone bad service, and they will tell 10 people on an internet forum...no make that a hundred people...over and over and over again.

You hated the service at the City Pride...I think we've got the point.
You are mentally scarred for life by being "evicted" on Cup Final Day...we get that as well.

The trouble is... I don't see a lot of suggestions as to a place that would work better for us.

There is a very smart Sports Bar that has been open about a year near Farringdon tube....drinks never run out + food is great...but it is very expensive.
The White Bear on St John St is pretty football friendly...and is normally closed at w/ends but opens up to show Arsenal games on satellite...
Maybe the manager,Oz, could be persuaded to do something similar for City games...but we would need to guarantee a turnout of 30+ to make it worthwhile them getting the staff in.
The One Tun is erratically open at weekends but the beer is warm...and the service levels are comparable to the "old" City Pride.
The Three Compasses is pretty clean + efficient but only does Thai food + the atmosphere can be a bit "sterile" for some tastes.

I hadn't been going to the City Pride much recently...for some of the reasons that have been mentioned...but I think it definitely deserves a second chance under new management.

Scooby Blue said:
One thing I'll give you peoffrey...is that you are a good example of that old saying in the retail trade:
...give someone bad service, and they will tell 10 people on an internet forum...no make that a hundred people...over and over and over again.

You are mentally scarred for life by being "evicted" on Cup Final Day...we get that as well.

The trouble is... I don't see a lot of suggestions as to a place that would work better for us.

There is a very smart Sports Bar that has been open about a year near Farringdon tube....drinks never run out + food is great...but it is very expensive.
The White Bear on St John St is pretty football friendly...and is normally closed at w/ends but opens up to show Arsenal games on satellite...
Maybe the manager,Oz, could be persuaded to do something similar for City games...but we would need to guarantee a turnout of 30+ to make it worthwhile them getting the staff in.
The One Tun is erratically open at weekends but the beer is warm...and the service levels are comparable to the "old" City Pride.
The Three Compasses is pretty clean + efficient but only does Thai food + the atmosphere can be a bit "sterile" for some tastes.

I hadn't been going to the City Pride much recently...for some of the reasons that have been mentioned...but I think it definitely deserves a second chance under new management.

May I ask why you're firing hate missiles over the Internet at gone midnight? Are you unemployable or simply have no reason to get up in the morning? I personally went to bed a happy man because City had won and had some good sleep!

Who said I was mentally scarred for being "evicted" from a Pub? Perhaps disgusted at the treatment we received like EVERYONE else I knew there (they lied through their back teeth to get us in and then kicked us out when it was party time) - but it was the final straw for me and my circle of London Blue mates.

I do actually agree that it deserves a second chance and I've been texting around to let my friends know that someone with an ounce of business sense has hopefully taken it over. If they fuck up then I'll take great delight in telling everyone on here because I'm like that.

Have a productive day in front of Jeremy Kyle in your vest and boxers.

peoffrey said:
Scooby Blue said:

May I ask why you're firing hate missiles over the Internet at gone midnight? Are you unemployable or simply have no reason to get up in the morning? I personally went to bed a happy man because City had won and had some good sleep!

Who said I was mentally scarred for being "evicted" from a Pub? Perhaps disgusted at the treatment we received like EVERYONE else I knew there (they lied through their back teeth to get us in and then kicked us out when it was party time) - but it was the final straw for me and my circle of London Blue mates.

I do actually agree that it deserves a second chance and I've been texting around to let my friends know that someone with an ounce of business sense has hopefully taken it over. If they fuck up then I'll take great delight in telling everyone on here because I'm like that.

Whilst your retort is quite humourous, you are so off the mark with regards to Scooby Blue- Jeremy Kyle? No, no and no.
Anyway, beer prices are down- £3-70 instead of £4 a pint.
He's looking at doing matchday snacks such as hotdogs, bacon butties etc.
Bit shy on screens at the moment but is being worked on

tueartsboots said:
peoffrey said:
Scooby Blue said:

Whilst your retort is quite humourous, you are so off the mark with regards to Scooby Blue- Jeremy Kyle? No, no and no.
Anyway, beer prices are down- £3-70 instead of £4 a pint.
He's looking at doing matchday snacks such as hotdogs, bacon butties etc.
Bit shy on screens at the moment but is being worked on

While i couldn't come down last night I am quite looking forward to returning. When you say quite shy on screens and remembering i know the lay out, what are we looking at

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
While i couldn't come down last night I am quite looking forward to returning. When you say quite shy on screens and remembering i know the lay out, what are we looking at
Brick walls I'm guessing.
That would keep me entertained for 90 mins

Not really bothered about Sky Sports or ESPN...
As long as they have ITV up + running for the Jeremy Kyle show...I'll be happy.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes. I had the Skysports app running on my phone and we drew the pictures from the commentary

tueartsboots said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yes. I had the Skysports app running on my phone and we drew the pictures from the commentary
You could have acted it out. Anyway, get it sorted as I'm looking to come down for the Swansea and/or Norwich games (more likely the latter).

Prestwich_Blue said:
tueartsboots said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You could have acted it out. Anyway, get it sorted as I'm looking to come down for the Swansea and/or Norwich games (more likely the latter).
No but bring your own crayons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.