London Blues

pjpar said:
If i remember righly Tina was the organiser, but there was an old boy who used to go every week in Light Blue trousers, Blue Bomber jacket covered in city pins, had a city flask, and city sports holdall ..legend

I've seen him at the Match.

Hi Chaps,

still working away at getting a ticket for wembley, if unsuccessful, will the game be showed in the City Pride in Farringdon? If so, will it be a good turn out? all blues?

Cheers

Surrey Blue said:
Hi Chaps,

still working away at getting a ticket for wembley, if unsuccessful, will the game be showed in the City Pride in Farringdon? If so, will it be a good turn out? all blues?

Cheers

I was thinking along the same lines. Will that place be buzzing after the match should we win? Would it be worth heading down there?

blue_paul said:
Surrey Blue said:
Hi Chaps,

Cheers

I was thinking along the same lines. Will that place be buzzing after the match should we win? Would it worth heaing down there?

yeah if i cant get a ticket then i am certainly not heading over to Wembley for it, and there is always the risk of pubs here being full of idiots so very keen to hear any ideas on pubs over central.

Don't know how many of the Pride regulars have got tickets but those who haven't I would imagine nearly all of them will be at the Pride and it will be the best place to see it in London other than being there. There will probably be some rags but more City.

Meddler said:
Don't know how many of the Pride regulars have got tickets but those who haven't I would imagine nearly all of them will be at the Pride and it will be the best place to see it in London other than being there. There will probably be some rags but more City.

thanks Meddler! you know what its like watching the derby in a pub down here. It can be a more stressful affair than needs be with all the cockney reds everywhere

Meddler said:

Right, might check it out should we win. I'm easily spotted, I'll be more hammered than anyone else there! I should know a few heads too after my little sojourn in london. We used to drink in Hern Hill though for city games, name of the boozer escapes me.

Exactly and with games like this the last thing you want is to be outnumbered by mugs. This pub is the only one I've ever been to outside of Manchester where Blues are always the majority. When we pulled it back to 2-1 in the second semi last year the place erupted. If this time it's a 95th minute winner for us or something the celebrations will be monolithic and loads of people will stay out afterwards as well.

Meddler said:
Exactly and with games like this the last thing you want is to be outnumbered by mugs. This pub is the only one I've ever been to outside of Manchester where Blues are always the majority. When we pulled it back to 2-1 in the second semi last year the place erupted. If this time it's a 95th minute winner for us or something the celebrations will be monolithic and loads of people will stay out afterwards as well.

excellent will definitely be there if i am not going to the game! Still trying to pull a few strings and get there though!!

Me too, I've been offered a ticket by someone at work, if that falls through it's the Pride for me, and if it doesn't I'll probably go there after the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.