London Bridge terror attack - 2 dead (not including attacker)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hamann Pineapple, 29 Nov 2019.

1. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

If you live amongst us and not only fail to integrate but also preach and practice hate. You do not deserve to live in our Country. That dictat should apply to anybody regardless of their faith or religion. These people need removing from our society for good. To be honest I don't really care how it is done, and I suspect the vast majority of british people feel the same way. Have a vote on it, make it a law and inact it.

2. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

Of course his tag should have been able to tell that he was making a suicide vest and holding a knife and know his intentions. Lol Really Bob ?? You are scrapping the barrel big time. Thats a pretty poor political jibe even by your feeble standards.

3. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    All the tags now come with Siri/Alexa and cameras so he can monitored better.

4. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

Presumably on an ankle a person's activities can still be kept secret?

inchy14 likes this.
  5. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Problem with you is your answer to every situation like this is the same, so even when you're right, no one gives a shit.

Blue Bruce and SWP's back like this.
  6. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

I think if an individual is out of prison and warrants a tag to monitor his movements it implies a level of concern that he is a threat and that the monitoring would not just be electronic. Even if it was just electronic I would again assume he would have his freedom of actions limited or even had to advise his schedule and places he was going etc and that any deviation would raise a flag.

So yes I would presume the agency tasked with the monitoring will be politely asked how the individual knocked up a fake suicide vest, armed himself and killed two people on London Bridge. If further facts emerge that negates this analysis then we can discuss it then.

7. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

To repeat my earlier reply.

‘I think if an individual is out of prison and warrants a tag to monitor his movements it implies a level of concern that he is a threat and that the monitoring would not just be electronic. Even if it was just electronic I would again assume he would have his freedom of actions limited or even had to advise his schedule and places he was going etc and that any deviation would raise a flag.

So yes I would presume the agency tasked with the monitoring will be politely asked how the individual knocked up a fake suicide vest, armed himself and killed two people on London Bridge. If further facts emerge that negates this analysis then we can discuss it then’

8. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

I also think if the extent of the monitoring was so low it allowed the planning, preparation and execution of the attack then the monitoring is not fit for purpose. Doing something like this cannot have gone unnoticed. Was he agitated? Was he stressed? Where his movements in the days before erratic? Was he being interviewed on a daily basis? Did nothing pop up on anyone’s radar?

Alternatively was he deemed such a low threat that monitoring was light or superficial? In which case someone got the assessment badly wrong.

Unless you analyse what went wrong and why you run the risk of making the same mistakes and next time the vest might not be fake.

9. Shirley

Shirley

I suspect the police will be searching for any accomplices that enabled him to plan and carry out this attack.

10. Aguero_Element

Aguero_Element

Plan? He got a knife and stabbed people....

To me it is the ideology that is behind it that is the problem. There is obviously motivation from these crazy extremist groups to do these attacks

SWP's back likes this.