London Police a Issue Plea: As if the Rags/MIBS/Cockney Reds

jrb

will take any notice.

Good PR for Scotland Yard though. (just like last time)

Scotland Yard has warned trouble causers not to wreck Sunday's Wembley derby.

Premier League winners United take on FA Cup winners City at the famous stadium in the traditional curtain raiser to the football season.

Fears of a repeat of the trouble that marred the pair's meeting in the semi final have been raised.

Groups of fans clashed in and around the stadium before and after the clash, which City won 1-0. Police made 34 arrests but some criticised the force for a lack of segregation.

But officers from the Met say they have been working with their counterparts at Greater Manchester Police and at British Transport Police to ensure the match 'is a family event that passes off without incident'.

They are expected to provide a more visible presence this time and say they have 'a range of tactics in place' to deal with hooligans.

Chief Superintendent Julia Pendry, police commander for the event, said:

“This friendly match is a great way to kick off the football season and for fans and families to see some good football in a world famous venue. I would say to anyone who is coming along with the aim of causing trouble that we have a range of tactics in place to deal with these disruptions and I advise them to stay away and let the genuine fans enjoy the game.”

Both sides were allocated 27,500 tickets for the clash, which kicks off at 2.30pm.

United sold out their share earlier this week but some tickets remained in the City section priced at £20 and £25.

I suspect the Met's atrocious lack of action at the semi is one of the reason many families aren't going to this one.

Just watched a Youtube vid where rags are throwing stuff at coaches and the police are just standing there ignoring it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I suspect the Met's atrocious lack of action at the semi is one of the reason many families aren't going to this one.

Just watched a Youtube vid where rags are throwing stuff at coaches and the police are just standing there ignoring it.

and when City fans threw cans at a coach, the police were there in a matter of seconds.

Double standards with the met and these fuckwits.

Prestwich_Blue said:

You know what PB,that is probably the main reason why ticket sales are so down,from the Blues point of view.

they were not interested, more interested in their overtime wage packet, or it could be a case of easy target i,ll go for the one on the floor?

I have to admit, I thought twice about going because of all the shit last time, not because of me but because my mum will be with me. I'm not arsed if I get a crack but don't want my mum anywhere near violence. I say this even though she has had a season ticket 30 years and used to go in the 80s when most of the firms were at their biggest.

berger1985 said:
I have to admit, I thought twice about going because of all the shit last time, not because of me but because my mum will be with me. I'm not arsed if I get a crack but don't want my mum anywhere near violence. I say this even though she has had a season ticket 30 years and used to go in the 80s when most of the firms were at their biggest.

Yeah but the MIBS werent there every week. They're to double hard bastards that intimidate women and kids. Fuckin cowards

bluecarlos61 said:
berger1985 said:

Yeah but the MIBS werent there every week. They're to double hard bastards that intimidate women and kids. Fuckin cowards

I know, I've seen it many times with the rags. I've been spat on and had beer cans thrown at me for daring to wear a City shirt after watching us at the swamp. We managed to stay away from it at the semi, mainly because we didn't go anywhere near their end and entered from the roundabout end. Didn't bother with Wembley Way thankfully and won't this time!

jrb said:
Chief Superintendent Julia Pendry, police commander for the event, said:

“This friendly match is a great way to kick off the football season and for fans and families to see some good football in a world famous venue. I would say to anyone who is coming along with the aim of causing trouble that it would make it easier for us if you could wear black Primark hoodies like last time. We have a range of tactics in place to deal with these disruptions and I advise them to stay away from us whilst we arrest the genuine fans. Enjoy the game.”

Edited in italics to show what will happen in practice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.