London Transport problems for Tottenham

Extra trains now laid on between Liverpool Street and WHL/Northumberland Park before and after the game. A revised pdf timetable available here:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com/travel-information/train-service-alterations/service-alterations/tottenham-hotspur-v-manchester-city-service-alterations-sun-28-aug-1330ko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nationalexpresseastanglia.co ... aug-1330ko</a>

I'm booked on the megabus as well, brad, but training it back.

I'm pretty sure there are major(ish) engineering works on parts of the West Coast Main Line too, so I'd check the journey times for Sunday lads.

Sorry just seen liam's post above, trains will be a nightmare Sunday.

bluegorton said:
I'm pretty sure there are major(ish) engineering works on parts of the West Coast Main Line too, so I'd check the journey times for Sunday lads.

Apparently, coming back will be okay as the engineering works stop in the afternoon. Getting there could be a bit fraught though. That's why I opted for the coach, hopefully should be okay that early on a Sunday.
Never gone on Megabus before. Anyone know if they are reliable?

LongsightM13 said:
bluegorton said:

Apparently, coming back will be okay as the engineering works stop in the afternoon. Getting there could be a bit fraught though. That's why I opted for the coach, hopefully should be okay that early on a Sunday.

Horrid coaches...they're cheap for a reason.

Driving to Enfield for this anyone had any experience with parking here and what about drinking any good pubs in Enfield.

mcfcliam said:
LongsightM13 said:
bluegorton said:

Horrid coaches...they're cheap for a reason.

If the bus starts at Manchester you should at least leave on time. If it starts somewhere else and is picking up in Manchester then expect it to be late. Like you say though, it's early on the Sunday so I bet it starts off in Manc.

-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 am --

foley87 said:
were on the train picadilly to euston 8.30ish gets in at 11.55

will we have any problems?

I reckon you'll be fine but not much time for a drink. Allow about an hour to get from Euston.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:59 am --<br /><br />
the parkside said:
Driving to Enfield for this anyone had any experience with parking here and what about drinking any good pubs in Enfield.

Not used Enfield before but I'm planning to this time. Looks like there are several car parks nearby. Not clear if they all charge on Sundays. At least one looks to be free but others could be up to £4.50. Doesn't look good for side street parking but I suppose if you are happy to walk a bit there's always somewhere. I'd always prefer to pay a fiver rather than risk the clampers. Don't know about the pubs.

I am also on the 8.20 change at Rugby train but am not sure if it goes directly into Euston after reading this link:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.html?nojs=true&action=true&txtTravelDate=28/08/2011&toc=vt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_d ... 011&toc=vt</a>

Virgin Trains

The following alterations will apply:

Sunday

Until 13:00, most trains to / from London Euston will start / terminate at Milton Keynes Central
From 13:00, a reduced level of service will run to / from London Euston

I am assuming that from Milton Keynes to London Euston it will be a bus.

The joys of being a football supporter reliant on trains!! :-)

I am driving from South Wales with my son and thinking of parking in Enfield.

If anyone needs a lift there is plenty of room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.