Lonely Planet guide to watching Manchester City abroad.

yep if on international drive theres the cricketers arms in the mercado or if in kissy any pub along the 192...in on international drive theres also an irish bar just past the big mc donalds on the same side

Cheers, On international drive, looked on the Cricketers Arms Website, they have a calendar of matches and they're showing the Arsenal match, shame I'll be on the plane for that.

Another USA bit.........I'm just back from Chicago, and thanks to ChicagoBlue ended up here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fadoirishpub.com/chicago/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fadoirishpub.com/chicago/</a>

Great grub, could grab a beer and the guy behind the bar is a cockney blue!

nb. On I-Drive, there's another pub literally next door to Wet n Wild which shows all the games, but the name escapes me - watched both Champions League Semi Finals and our game v Liverpool during Sven's season

mancitymick said:
As much information on bars to watch matches in the following places please. Toronoto, Niagra falls, New york and Boston. Going there 14th Decmeber till 30th December. Thanks.. PS Dont tell the other half, it is my honeymoon!!!
Am tellin' A-M lol

The lads who get together in NEW YORK CITY they are experimenting meeting at a new pub: The Mad Hatter on 3rd Ave between 26th and 27th. Havent been there myself yet but might make it down for the Arse match this Saturday the 12th. Nevadas has the rep as being a football pub (and it is) but its a fecking dump IMHO and it has big Rag ties!! Will report back when/if I make it this Sat..

Just to point out that Cricketers Arms is a Chelsea pub frequented by complete and utter cocks. I watched the City Chelsea home game in there last season with another City family and it got pretty heated when Terry got sent off. Some American "fan" (I use the word loosely) was trying to defend it with "you can't send him off as he's the England Captain" Food is good though

mancitymick said:
As much information on bars to watch matches in the following places please. Toronoto, Niagra falls, New york and Boston. Going there 14th Decmeber till 30th December. Thanks.. PS Dont tell the other half, it is my honeymoon!!!

Boston Sports Grille
132 Canal St

Big on sport and apparently have 140 screens(1 in every booth) plus others around the wall and behind the bar.

Have to report back that yesterday a group of us Blues (about 25!) got together at a new pub here in NYC. We all watched the match at The Mad Hatter on 3rd Ave between 26th and 27th Streets!! Great atmosphere lead by the incomparable Jonesie!! We were going spare-especially during the last 20 minutes. People walking by on the street were walking in the pub on a grim Saturday Manhattan morn thinking we were mental patients-well we are we have supported City for years!!

Anywhoo-if you are going to NYCity, I have a feeling this will be a meeting point for fellow Blues for years to come!!

Denmark- Aalborg
The Wharf, Borgergade 16
The Irish Bar, Østerågade 25

avoid John Bull Pub, they're all bastard reds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.