Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

My dad went there for a hair transplant last november said it was very very busy but a nice city. I'll go there IF we get there and may do a week in bodrum as well whilst I'm over there all covid dependant aswell obviously.

Istanbul is a fantastic City but not geared up for thousands of fans to go on the lash
Cost effective way If & a great big Fn If we got to the final is stay in Bodrum or Izmir as only one hour flight from.Istanbul & can get flights £40-£50 return
There are 2 main airports 1 on the Asian side & the other on the European side
The Stadium is about 20 miles from the City, I never been but last I heard there is not much round and about it

Last edited:
Istanbul is a fantastic City but not geared up for thousands of fans to go on the lash
Cost effective way If & a great big Fn If we got to the final is stay in Bodrum or Izmir as only one hour flight from.Istanbul & can get flights £40-£50 return
There are 2 main airports 1 on the Asian side & the other on the European side
The Stadium is about 20 miles from the City, I never been but last I heard there is not much round and about it
Im lucky ,one of my best mates has lived in Istanbul for 30 years now,a rag though
but my problem,i wont be able to get more than 2 days off anyway
so it would be in and out for us.

Flights are showing on Turkish Airlines direct Dublin to Istanbul.
I have been in Istanbul a lot and it is not a great place just to arrive, watch match and fly back.
Traffic and transport can be very busy but not sure how it is with affected with Covid at the moment.

The only message re covid was this::

All passengers aged 6 years and over arriving in Turkey are required to submit a negative PCR test (nucleic acid). The sample for the test must have been taken within 72 hours prior to the passenger's scheduled departure from the country of origin.

My dad went there for a hair transplant last november said it was very very busy but a nice city. I'll go there IF we get there and may do a week in bodrum as well whilst I'm over there all covid dependant aswell obviously.
Ha ha that's the answer, if anyone asks (producer Sam) I'm going for a hair transplant, match? What match? Oh that one

Surely this thread is a wind up?

IF we get to final and IF it’s still held in Istanbul and IF we are allowed to travel and IF we are allowed in the ground ....then I may think about it.

In the meantime I’ll just book my tattoo
We all need a bit of
"What if " now and again
Let's not think though
"What if " Everton beat us
I only want good What if's
If this doesn't make sense I will take my tablets & go back to bed

Surely this thread is a wind up?

IF we get to final and IF it’s still held in Istanbul and IF we are allowed to travel and IF we are allowed in the ground ....then I may think about it.

In the meantime I’ll just book my tattoo
you miserable sod
I'v been learning Turkish for a few months now
"where's the bar " , " Make it a double " etc

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.