Looks like defoe from SSN

wilf9

Portsmouth executive chairman Peter Storrie admits that star striker Jermain Defoe has expressed an interest in leaving Fratton Park.

The England international has been strongly linked with a January move to Tottenham, where he would be reunited with former Pompey boss Harry Redknapp.

Portsmouth are eager to keep hold of Defoe - who was angered after being left on the bench by manager Tony Adams in a December defeat to Arsenal - as they look to climb the Premier League table.

However, Storrie now confesses that Defoe looks set to quit the South Coast outfit just 12 months after moving from Spurs.

"It looks like Jermain wants to go," he told the Portsmouth News. "That is something we will be speaking to him about."

However, Storrie insists that Pompey will not allow their £7.5million forward - who has also been connected with Aston Villa - to leave in a cut-price deal.

"If Jermain goes it will be at our price and if there is an offer which appeals," added Storrie.

"We have always said we will not keep people who do not want to play for Portsmouth football club."

Spurs boss Redkanpp remains interested in the forward and told Sky Sports News: "If we could agree a fee with Portsmouth, then fine, he is a good player.

"They haven't got to sell him if they don't want to. If they say, 'no' then that is the end of the story."

We are not mentioned but with arry's comments last week looks like it could be on.

How exactly does that article make it seem that we're signing him?????????????????/

Go for Defoe!

Money is no object.

Partnerd with Sata Cruz would be good.

Robinho SWP Would work well with him.

He wants to leave. Proven in the league why not?

We are never going to play with two strikers. So for that reason big fat no for me .

I read this morning (I think in the Daily Express) that Tottenham may write-off the £4m that Pompey owe (from buying Defoe last January) in order to help the deal go through.

If he does move I think it will only be to reunite with Harry.

I aint in the know, just that if hughes wants him then hughes will get. Type of player we are missing, scores for fun and doesn't have the injury record of Owen or Bellamy. And why won't he move up north? he almost went to the rags from west ham. With reguards to 2 up top, you need that with santa cruz really.

he'll go to tottenham redknapp saved him and defoe owes him plus the fact of the owed money i cant see him coming to us

wilf9 said:
I aint in the know, just that if hughes wants him then hughes will get. Type of player we are missing, scores for fun and doesn't have the injury record of Owen or Bellamy. And why won't he move up north? he almost went to the rags from west ham. With reguards to 2 up top, you need that with santa cruz really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.