Looks like it was all lies about Thaksin Shinawatra

kiam06 said:
All politicians are corrupt, they just lie and decieve until they are found out but the point is when the USA want a puppet regime in place they simply push the exsisting government aside and replace it with one that will suits their interests. Some of the comments on this forum show that people are brainwashed by western media oulets and that is the problem I was originally trying to highlight.

Thaksin Shinawatra is no more or less corrupt than any other world leaders and in the case of our rag tag bunch he is whiter than white.
What are you banging on about? The situation in Thailand has absolutely nothing to do with U.S. interference.

bluecore said:
I think the OP is being naive.

Thaksin is a corrupt Thai politician, there is no other kind. Corruption is a fundamental part of the political system in Thailand. Whether he's more of less corrupt than the PM's before or after him is a moot point. Just because a few Thai farmers wave some flags doesn't prove anything.

Thaksin was mentioned as having 'questions to answer' by the UNHCR after the shooting of many 'drug dealers' who just happened to also be student activists and supporters of an independent southern, muslim, state. IIRC the figures were 2.000 suspicious deaths in 3 months. This is no trifling matter and the UNHCR is way above local political influence.

He was wrong 'un - no question.

He bought us for 2 reasons; to boost his profile, particularly at home, and to make money - he managed to do both.

At the time we were deep in the shit, we needed a serious injection of dosh. Thaksin gave us that - a lot of it was borrowed but he kept us going / spending.

It was a bizarre episode in our history but he didn't wreck the club and he found us a true sugar daddy. I'm no fan of his but I will alays be greatful for the impact he had on us.

You are taking the mick mate, he is answerable for shooting many drug dealers? Our leaders send our armies all over the world killing tens of thousands each year!!!

And also you think he bought City to make money, we were on our arse at the time so how could he foresee a profit?

I agree he helped us by selling to the Arabs but he was forced to do so.

kiam06 said:
Remember all the rubbish in the rag red top papers about Thaksin being some mad murdering leader, I thought at the time it was politically motivated lies and guess what it was. Pro Thaksin supporters are marching on their government buildings as they have realised they were being lied to all along and the truth is Thaksin was a popular leader and the corruption charges were bollocks all along.

I know this is a bit political for a football forum but we need to realise the level of media corruption that is present and the fact that the first battle are new owners need to win is the battle with the rag press who will distort anything they can, even politics from a far away land in order to discredit our club.

I would say to our owners that we need to smoke out the media outlets that are looking to damage our club and take them to task in a court of law as it has gone too far now.

Hi Frank!

You fucked up our club now fuck off and stay away from it forever.

Dubai Blue said:
kiam06 said:
All politicians are corrupt, they just lie and decieve until they are found out but the point is when the USA want a puppet regime in place they simply push the exsisting government aside and replace it with one that will suits their interests. Some of the comments on this forum show that people are brainwashed by western media oulets and that is the problem I was originally trying to highlight.

Thaksin Shinawatra is no more or less corrupt than any other world leaders and in the case of our rag tag bunch he is whiter than white.
What are you banging on about? The situation in Thailand has absolutely nothing to do with U.S. interference.

Is Thailand on planet earth? Yes

Then it is 'to do' with the Americans!!!!!

kiam06 said:
Dubai Blue said:
kiam06 said:

Is Thailand on planet earth? Yes

Then it is 'to do' with the Americans!!!!!
Okey dokey, whatever you say, you paranoid weirdo.

Shouldn't you be busy watching an episode of Zeitgeist?

I couldn't give a fuck about Thai politics.

What bothered me was that the slimy little fucker used our club purely and simply in the hope of his own political gain, once Manchester City had served its purpose of keeping him in the spotlight during the Thai elections he pulled the financial plug. If it wasn't for the carrot of a healthy profit from the sale of the club I firmly beleive he'd have cut his losses and wound the club up without a second thought.

If it was not for Thaksin we would still be watching Danny Mills and co.

We would be where Newcastle are but worse probably bankrupt.

And as for that freak who called me a weirdo, you are a Dweeb. Go and read your News of the World.

kiam06 said:
bluecore said:
I think the OP is being naive.

Thaksin is a corrupt Thai politician, there is no other kind. Corruption is a fundamental part of the political system in Thailand. Whether he's more of less corrupt than the PM's before or after him is a moot point. Just because a few Thai farmers wave some flags doesn't prove anything.

Thaksin was mentioned as having 'questions to answer' by the UNHCR after the shooting of many 'drug dealers' who just happened to also be student activists and supporters of an independent southern, muslim, state. IIRC the figures were 2.000 suspicious deaths in 3 months. This is no trifling matter and the UNHCR is way above local political influence.

He was wrong 'un - no question.

He bought us for 2 reasons; to boost his profile, particularly at home, and to make money - he managed to do both.

At the time we were deep in the shit, we needed a serious injection of dosh. Thaksin gave us that - a lot of it was borrowed but he kept us going / spending.

It was a bizarre episode in our history but he didn't wreck the club and he found us a true sugar daddy. I'm no fan of his but I will alays be greatful for the impact he had on us.

You are taking the mick mate, he is answerable for shooting many drug dealers? Our leaders send our armies all over the world killing tens of thousands each year!!!

And also you think he bought City to make money, we were on our arse at the time so how could he foresee a profit?

I agree he helped us by selling to the Arabs but he was forced to do so.
I agree with much of what you say about the Americans and British in general. Their tentcacles are everywhere, but let's get it right Shinawatra backed up the American invasion of Iraq through sending a token amount of Thai soldiers. He was very much a friend of Bush and Blair. He was educated in the West, and if you read his views he is very much an advocate of free-market capitalism. His problem is that the system he believes in undermined the older elites in Thai Society i.e the Royal family, and the miltary. He was not the ogre that some people painted him out to be. The forces that are ranged against him, are worse. In the long run, economic development will see the end of the Thai Royal family and the absurd system of privilege that protects their entourage

my mate married a thai bird and she thinks the sun shines out of Thaksins ar*e, apparently after the sunami he made sure all the poor were properly looked after and they have never forgotten him for it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.