Los Angeles

Blueboylewis09 said:
So whats all the hot places that i have seen and everything then with all the trees and all the houses in a line on either side or something then lol. Is that not La?
You'll have trouble with the language mate. It's English and Spanish there and you don't seem to speak either.

The place you're thinking of is Whitefield.

Blueboylewis09 said:
So whats all the hot places that i have seen and everything then with all the trees and all the houses in a line on either side or something then lol. Is that not La?

Erm I think you need to do some more research. you may be referring to Beverley Hills.

LA is the size of Greater Manchester, and likewise has its suburbs, like Burbank,Glendale, Inglewood, Compton etc etc. Which one of those would you choose to live in ?

Move to Malibu or Santa Monica (if you can afford it!) I go there every year for a week and completely disagree with most of the comments on here. The streets in these areas are very safe and have nothing like the same chav culture, YES you get gangs of kids hanging around, but they are not pissed or abusive. Santa Monica is a lovely little place, with a nice beach and an excellent/vibrant shopping centre.

LA including Santa Monica is soulless imo...Try San Francisco much better option.

LA is great if you've got LOTS of money and have access to influential friends who can get you into parties and the like. Unless you're in the "Biz" and have to live there, I'd advise against it. Insane property prices / lack of work prospects and competing with millions of starving artists and immigrants who'll all work for less / crime / phoney people / needing to drive for hours and hours a day because nobody lives near each other or where they work / smog.... I could go on.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Move to Malibu or Santa Monica (if you can afford it!) I go there every year for a week and completely disagree with most of the comments on here. The streets in these areas are very safe and have nothing like the same chav culture, YES you get gangs of kids hanging around, but they are not pissed or abusive. Santa Monica is a lovely little place, with a nice beach and an excellent/vibrant shopping centre.
have lived in beverly hills and we used to go down to santa monica each day for the beach
also stayed in huntington beach, for the beach volleyball lol, and that was cool

but i would move to san francisco tomorrow, if city were there too

bluwes said:
Blueboylewis09 said:
What do people think of that place?

I am thinking of moving there once i leave home. But obviously spend a good few years watching city first though. And i will be coming back from LA to watch the games dont worry :)
Is it a quiet place or what?

I know for a fact it is sunny and just about everything else lol. Is it more of a city place or what?

I have been living in manchester for 15 years and i just fancy a change for when i leave home for a few years but will be coming back to manchester no doubt.

ONCE A MANC, ALWAYS A MANC!

Lewis, are you joking or what.

LA is the craziest place on earth, in a crazy state of California, in the crazy country of the USA.

You don't just move to LA, unless you have a movie contract, or are gay, or both.

Try Hemel Hempstead

This^ apart from the last bit. LA is a shit hole mate, and Hollywood is worse than Blackpool (seriously). There are so many mentally unstable people in LA its quite worrying.

I've never been further west of the US than Orlando, so can't comment on what LA is like.. but this seems like an incredibly naive pipe-dream based on what you've seen on telly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.