Los Angeles

been there once bluddy loveddd it & the womenn mmm
when i finish coll and get money sorted(when i rob the bank ha) am going back there and might be moving there:D!

mammutly said:
LA is alright. I like santa monica.

No way would I want to live there though.
the street entertainment is class in santa monica,its cool by the pier,love the chess area by the swings where allsorts of heads play....cool just to watch the characters, friendly rivalry and banter. was in bel air for the millennium. i love the freaks on the beach,have you seen the pink power ranger dude on the uni cycle??? hilarious!!

des hardi said:
mammutly said:
LA is alright. I like santa monica.

No way would I want to live there though.
the street entertainment is class in santa monica,its cool by the pier,love the chess area by the swings where allsorts of heads play....cool just to watch the characters, friendly rivalry and banter. was in bel air for the millennium. i love the freaks on the beach,have you seen the pink power ranger dude on the uni cycle??? hilarious!!

Haven't seen the power ranger, but plenty of other weirdos. Street entertainment is top class as you say, and al fresco dance classes on 4th street at night.
The venice beach markets are cool, and fantasic takeaway food.
And some of the basketball matches on the free courts down there are an amazing standard.

Santa Monica is pretty safe compared to downtown LA and not as hot either. Will be going over again next year.

Haven't seen the power ranger, but plenty of other weirdos -WORD!

just seen him flying down the street screaming nonsense near the courthouse,my brother turns to me and says i know that guy he s actually really nice.... i PMSL,freaks on the beach were a laugh....bit of pizza on the grass ...watch the circus. did you fall into the water.....mysterious foot drop into cold water...well it got me

LA as a proper city is a joke. Its all urban sprawl there is no city center at all. Its a joke. The traffic is generally a joke as well. There are loads of burbs up north in Ventura County that are really nice but VERY expensive. San Fran is a proper city.

I went to LA & San Francisco last Sept with my sons for their 21st . LA is not quite as glamorus as it is portrayed on the screen. We stayed down in Aneheim about 30 miles from Hollywood, (LA is massive) everything is so spread out it is a pain in the arse to get anywhere due to the massive ammount of traffic. There are some really affluent areas that are truly gorgeous up near the Hollywood area but unless you are wadded forget it. The rest of it seemed a bit shitty to me to be honest. We walked round hollywood , allong the walk of fame etc & it was a bit like Blackpool, just as grubby only hotter! There were very few Bars to go in or none near where we were. Everyone is totally obsessed with being famous & are so self obsessed they really have no idea about anyone else or anything thats going on in the outside world. There were some nice bits , Newport Beach was great & Santa Monica. Venice was ok too, good bars.

San Francisco is totally different, probably one of the great citys of the world. Laid back with genuinly nice people Small enough to get around easily on the public transport. Great night life. No it is not all one big gay scene, infact we saw very few openly gay people there. We found a few great bars where we were welcomed by the locals. It is also no where near as hot as LA, which was really too hot even in September. The only bad thing abour SF are all the bloody hills!

Bluesparks said:
I went to LA & San Francisco last Sept with my sons for their 21st . LA is not quite as glamorus as it is portrayed on the screen. We stayed down in Aneheim about 30 miles from Hollywood, (LA is massive) everything is so spread out it is a pain in the arse to get anywhere due to the massive ammount of traffic. There are some really affluent areas that are truly gorgeous up near the Hollywood area but unless you are wadded forget it. The rest of it seemed a bit shitty to me to be honest. We walked round hollywood , allong the walk of fame etc & it was a bit like Blackpool, just as grubby only hotter! There were very few Bars to go in or none near where we were. Everyone is totally obsessed with being famous & are so self obsessed they really have no idea about anyone else or anything thats going on in the outside world. There were some nice bits , Newport Beach was great & Santa Monica. Venice was ok too, good bars.

San Francisco is totally different, probably one of the great citys of the world. Laid back with genuinly nice people Small enough to get around easily on the public transport. Great night life. No it is not all one big gay scene, infact we saw very few openly gay people there. We found a few great bars where we were welcomed by the locals. It is also no where near as hot as LA, which was really too hot even in September. The only bad thing abour SF are all the bloody hills!

I would say this bloke has it sussed!!!! Very good analysis!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.