Lost a bit of interest this season

It's beginning to become clear for me as my kids grow up. My old man used to take me to more away games in a season than I can take my lads to home games.

I'm taking them (me, the missus and 3 kids) to Disneyland Paris for a 4 day break in November. It's cost me under £1000 without petrol. I've booked tickets for Bayern Munich at home for me and the 2 lads and it's cost me £105 without petrol.

That's 81 hours for £1000 for 5 people compared to 2 hours for £100 for 3 people. The memories from Disneyland will last a lot longer than a 1-1 draw at home to Bayern.

Jesus fucking Christ, just read 10 pages of this on the eve of the derby, talk about a deflating experience. Some need to get a serious grip of themselves.

citykev28 said:
It's beginning to become clear for me as my kids grow up. My old man used to take me to more away games in a season than I can take my lads to home games.

I'm taking them (me, the missus and 3 kids) to Disneyland Paris for a 4 day break in November. It's cost me under £1000 without petrol. I've booked tickets for Bayern Munich at home for me and the 2 lads and it's cost me £105 without petrol.

That's 81 hours for £1000 for 5 people compared to 2 hours for £100 for 3 people. The memories from Disneyland will last a lot longer than a 1-1 draw at home to Bayern.

Well I've been to Disneyland Paris AND I was 20 yards from Aguero's goal to win the league - I know which one I think about more often :)

I've noticed somewhat of a decline in City and football interest as well the past year. Last year's season was really a downer and not because we didn't win the title or cup. We didn't play well or with heart very often and it became a real emotional struggle to get through a match. I know that there were many more times last season when I was frustrated or angry at the end of a match than when I was happy we had played well. For me it's not about winning and losing at all. As long as City has hunger and plays well, I really don't care about the result. We've lost too many players that we could count on for hunger every week, and the "mercenary attitude" seems to predominate. I guess the best way to put it is "I can't get fired up about City, if the players aren't fired up about City". In the chase for Top 4, the run through the cup, and the title season, we for the most part had hungry and enthusiastic squads through the seasons. Last year was a real reversal, and besides Plzen 2nd half and Newcastle, I haven't been too impressed this year either. I'm not going to stop watching matches or stop reading everything City, but I won't be as fired up as I was until I see it in the players.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Jesus fucking Christ, just read 10 pages of this on the eve of the derby, talk about a deflating experience. Some need to get a serious grip of themselves.
I'd have thought you might have cottoned onto the theme after a page or two but you still sat there and read ten pages. You're own fault. Get a grip of yourself!

SoDakBlue said:
I've noticed somewhat of a decline in City and football interest as well the past year. Last year's season was really a downer and not because we didn't win the title or cup. We didn't play well or with heart very often and it became a real emotional struggle to get through a match. I know that there were many more times last season when I was frustrated or angry at the end of a match than when I was happy we had played well. For me it's not about winning and losing at all. As long as City has hunger and plays well, I really don't care about the result. We've lost too many players that we could count on for hunger every week, and the "mercenary attitude" seems to predominate. I guess the best way to put it is "I can't get fired up about City, if the players aren't fired up about City". In the chase for Top 4, the run through the cup, and the title season, we for the most part had hungry and enthusiastic squads through the seasons. Last year was a real reversal, and besides Plzen 2nd half and Newcastle, I haven't been too impressed this year either. I'm not going to stop watching matches or stop reading everything City, but I won't be as fired up as I was until I see it in the players.

+1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.