"Lost all interest in football"

Jordie

I was talking to a rag on Sunday night who hasn't been to the swamp since the seventies and i haven't seen him for a couple of months. He is normally a typical rag, as in he will argue the toss about 'nited' all day long. When i seen him on Sunday i asked him what he thought of the weekends football, to which he replied "I've lost all interest in football". Fuckin hilarious.
I've just had a look on some rag sites and lo and behold there are loads of them all of a sudden "falling out of love with the game".

Fickle sad bastards, imagine if they had to go through what we have been through for the last 30 years.

They just would'nt be around after that long. How would some gloryhunter in a foreign land support a team that brought them no glory? The majority of their 'fans' around the globe would just switch allegiance. The locals would probably cling on but become more bitter than they ever imagined we were.

Expect lots more of this.

They hate all the money in the game although it never bothered them when they borrowed enough from the City of London to be the richest club in the world!!!

Boohoohoo its my ball and if you won't play by my rules then I'm going home!

Feckin hypocrites and good riddance to the plastic lot of them.

blueju said:
They just would'nt be around after that long. How would some gloryhunter in a foreign land support a team that brought them no glory? The majority of their 'fans' around the globe would just switch allegiance. The locals would probably cling on but become more bitter than they ever imagined we were.
We're both from Manchester blueju, i was talking to him in Failsworth<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:52 am --<br /><br />
Balti said:

They hate all the money in the game although it never bothered them when they borrowed enough from the City of London to be the richest club in the world!!!

So let's just say in 5 years time Balti they become consistantly a mid table team, how many do you reckon would still be turning up?

It is embaressing on The Rags part when the ship begins to sink people aren't willing to ride it out.

I don't like saying it but this is exactly why Mansour wants to expand our stadium... We will be sitting amongst ex-rags in seasons to come and although we can look at this as a compliment - it would piss me off if we struggle to obtain tickets when rag fans are taking them :(

Jordie said:
I was talking to a rag on Sunday night who hasn't been to the swamp since the seventies and i haven't seen him for a couple of months. He is normally a typical rag, as in he will argue the toss about 'nited' all day long. When i seen him on Sunday i asked him what he thought of the weekends football, to which he replied "I've lost all interest in football". Fuckin hilarious.
I've just had a look on some rag sites and lo and behold there are loads of them all of a sudden "falling out of love with the game".

Fickle sad bastards, imagine if they had to go through what we have been through for the last 30 years.

Let me guess...he's still in the queue for a season ticket.

Jordie said:
blueju said:
We're both from Manchester blueju, i was talking to him in Failsworth

-- Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:52 am --

Balti said:

So let's just say in 5 years time Balti they become consistantly a mid table team, how many do you reckon would still be turning up?

My guess would be that they'd be getting around 50K tops apart from the big games. (Thats just Liverpool of course ;-)

Jordie said:
blueju said:
We're both from Manchester blueju, i was talking to him in Failsworth

-- Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:52 am --

Balti said:

I know mate :) I was just thinking about their 'fans' as a whole. Most of my rag mates back home the same age as me have always gone to the match and probably always will. The others out of our local only started going on organised buses when the silverware really started flowing. The people i see wearing rag shirts and dipper shirts out here in Oz will just switch .

Ps. Failsworth is foreign if you are from Guide Bridge ;)

It's their default setting when things get rough.

They've done it in the past countless times and they try and dress their problems as "football problems" in general. So when you hear:

"Well football's just not the same anymore. There's too much money in the game and I for one have lost all interest."

Substitute it for:

"Well United just aren't the same anymore. We haven't got the money to compete like we used to and if we aren't going to win the league at least every other year I, for one, am not interested."

Fuck 'em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.