"Lost all interest in football"

m27 said:
It's their default setting when things get rough.

They've done it in the past countless times and they try and dress their problems as "football problems" in general. So when you hear:

"Well football's just not the same anymore. There's too much money in the game and I for one have lost all interest."

Substitute it for:

"Well United just aren't the same anymore. We haven't got the money to compete like we used to and if we aren't going to win the league at least every other year I, for one, am not interested."

Fuck 'em.

Liverpool fans are using the same tactic. Now they are skint and not a pot to piss in and are on a downward spiral then all of a sudden the game has lost it's soul. Funny how losing your soul coincides with being shit.

I'm sure if Nited or Liverpool were suddenly given a cash injection of billions then their sould would suddenly re-appear again!

It happened to me last night in my local. There were 3 rags and a blue at the bar (from the pub team) and I started talking to them but didn’t mention football, anyway one of the rags who used to love taking the piss year after year had to say something and came out with a comment about Rooney.

This was play time and pay back for me, so I didn’t take the piss I just started discussing nited and how unlucky they were on Saturday, they couldn’t figure it out sarcasm is a woman.
Then left them with the comment I hope we don’t get Rooney we can buy far better players than him.

Then we got the classic just like the OP
All three reds said they had lost interest in football since the world cup and it was just about money these days.
You couldn’t make it up
The pubs are going to be very empty at the weekends soon.

Heard that they're making a Rag Fan Doll just in time for crimble.

Wind it up and it says one of the following

"Moneys ruined the game"
"Berbatov's the best striker in the world"
"Football's lost its soul"
"You've got no history"
"Wait til Mourinho gets here"
"Cheating refs cost us the title"

Last years model said

"We're 'Nited the biggest club in the world, who the f*ck are you"
"Rooney's the best player in the world"
"You're wasting your money. You'll never win nowt"
"Fergies building a dynasty for the next 10 years then he'll retire"

Hear a real life display in any pub in Salford, Norwich, London and all over the Far East

To be honest I find a lot of things in football just totally infuriate me! I wouldn't wonder why people are losing interest in the sport, honestly!

Feigning injury.
Blatent diving.
Surrounding/hounding/swearing at the refs.
No goal line technology.
No video replays for in the box desisions.
All seater stadiums.
A total lack of atmosphere.
Early weekend (anything before 3pm is too early) or Monday night (why Monday, mundain Monday when I'm recovering from the weekend, make it Friday night instead, MILES BETTER!) kick-offs - fuck right off with em!
People who moan at you when you get excited and stand up.
An area dedicated to families that will never be filled that is twice the size of the areas dedicated to vocal/singing fans.
Upcoming spending restrictions on clubs when it was never in place in the past when a certain club went two decades without winning the league but spent more than any other club.
How finishing fourth has become an achievement!
Losers from the Champions Lg who deserve nothing but being laughed at for not qualifying coming into the later rounds of the Europa Lg.
Teams turning up to places and playing for a 0-0 draw.
etc etc

Football could be fuckin miles better than it actually is. But it is totally degraded by the governing bodies FIFA UEFA FA etc and boring fans. Don't get me wrong I do love football and the good things about it push it ahead of other sports (although for me rugby league has come up against football in the last 10 years, if there was a Manchester club and it wasn't a cult sport and more widely acclaimed than outside the M62 and Queensland, NSW and New Zeland it could rival football easily for me!).

And even though City have all this potential and arguably could be entering our most successful and powerful period in our history (although even if we get to finals or last days of the season in a position to win trophies we are not guaranteed them. A defensive lapse, a refereeing decision or a bobble in the box which makes a striker miss can all easily happen to stop a team winning a trophy!), it doesn't stop me thinking that football can and definately should be improving and moving on.

Talking to a lad (early twenties) in a local shop, said he used to be a Rag fan but his favourite player was Tevez so now he is a City fan.

We will get alot of this as they are not real Rag supporters and I for one think welcome one and all as long as they contribute to the cause by buying a blue shirt instead of a red one.

Also, a bloke I work with (early 30's) has been a loyal and passionate Liverpool shirt wearer (in the pub) for donkey's years. All of a sudden he has lost interest and did not even make the effort to watch the derby. Apparently his burning passion is now rugby. Talk about fickle.

Rats/sinking/ship

danburge82 said:
To be honest I find a lot of things in football just totally infuriate me! I wouldn't wonder why people are losing interest in the sport, honestly!

Feigning injury.
Blatent diving.
Surrounding/hounding/swearing at the refs.
No goal line technology.
No video replays for in the box desisions.
All seater stadiums.
A total lack of atmosphere.
Early weekend (anything before 3pm is too early) or Monday night (why Monday, mundain Monday when I'm recovering from the weekend, make it Friday night instead, MILES BETTER!) kick-offs - fuck right off with em!
People who moan at you when you get excited and stand up.
An area dedicated to families that will never be filled that is twice the size of the areas dedicated to vocal/singing fans.
Upcoming spending restrictions on clubs when it was never in place in the past when a certain club went two decades without winning the league but spent more than any other club.
How finishing fourth has become an achievement!
Losers from the Champions Lg who deserve nothing but being laughed at for not qualifying coming into the later rounds of the Europa Lg.
Teams turning up to places and playing for a 0-0 draw.
etc etc

Football could be fuckin miles better than it actually is. But it is totally degraded by the governing bodies FIFA UEFA FA etc and boring fans. Don't get me wrong I do love football and the good things about it push it ahead of other sports (although for me rugby league has come up against football in the last 10 years, if there was a Manchester club and it wasn't a cult sport and more widely acclaimed than outside the M62 and Queensland, NSW and New Zeland it could rival football easily for me!).

And even though City have all this potential and arguably could be entering our most successful and powerful period in our history (although even if we get to finals or last days of the season in a position to win trophies we are not guaranteed them. A defensive lapse, a refereeing decision or a bobble in the box which makes a striker miss can all easily happen to stop a team winning a trophy!), it doesn't stop me thinking that football can and definately should be improving and moving on.
I think you are missing my point Dan. None of the reasons you have given above are the real reasons the rags (and dippers) have lost interest. The real reason is they are shite now and they know they will be getting worse. The true nature of the glory hunter is to disassociate themselves with anything not succesful.

Let's face it, any rag fan under 30 will never have known anything but success.

OPN's first trophy at the swamp was the FA Cup in 1990 and it has been more or less glory ever since.

The gloryhunters will be leaving in their droves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.