Love Island 2019

You’re missing the point of what people are saying. This sums it up.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...wande-pharmacist-anna-instagram-a8943461.html

So it's wrong for these people to go on the show and profit from gains in social media followers, but it's alright for the author of that article to profit by writing articles on and hosting a podcast on the same show as her tag line clearly indicates? Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

That article is based on a number of fallacies, of most note the strawman that apparently these people are "throwing away careers" by appearing on the show, insinuating that they couldn't, if they wanted to, go back to their careers post the show. So does that mean anyone taking an extended holiday is throwing away their career?

And to those who raised the question why aren't people lauding scientists of firefighters in the same way, forgetting that attaching value is not mutually exclusive. You can like someone on Love Island and admire others. It's not a zero sum gain, and to paint it as such, and then use it as a stick to beat people with is completely disingenuous.

So it's wrong for these people to go on the show and profit from gains in social media followers, but it's alright for the author of that article to profit by writing articles on and hosting a podcast on the same show as her tag line clearly indicates? Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

That article is based on a number of fallacies, of most note the strawman that apparently these people are "throwing away careers" by appearing on the show, insinuating that they couldn't, if they wanted to, go back to their careers post the show. So does that mean anyone taking an extended holiday is throwing away their career?

And to those who raised the question why aren't people lauding scientists of firefighters in the same way, forgetting that attaching value is not mutually exclusive. You can like someone on Love Island and admire others. It's not a zero sum gain, and to paint it as such, and then use it as a stick to beat people with is completely disingenuous.
This
Dr Alex went back to A&E last years,one of the girls went back to clearing landmines a couple have got some presenting work in between their normal jobs etc

I wish this would of been about 20 years ago. I'd of loved to go on that. I'd of got on it too..apart from being an ugly bastard!

I feel sorry for today’s society that these absolute VALVES are looked up to and young boys and girls are aspiring to be like them. The really sad part is these young people are being exploited.

Sure you get 11 months of fame, free clothes, free bar bills and getting fingered by / tag teaming alongside the Repugnant Wayne Lineker at O Beach...But at what cost?

After that year there’s a whole host of new vapid hopefuls queuing up to replace you. Now, at that point you’ve probably made a few quid so the work drying up won’t hit you too hard, but sixth months on your inevitable coke habit, eating/ drinking at posh places is starting to take its toll. It takes someone with a lot of steel to go back to a 9-5 and frankly I can see why that would be hard for someone to stoop to in their early 20’s after being “famous”. I can see quite easily while a lot of these reality stars lives fall apart.

BB x

Excellent point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.