Lovely remarks about City from Everton forum

Da_Blu_Moona said:
Personally think Liverpool is a top place and the scousers are good decent people.

Likewise me with Manchester and Mancs, you won't find a prouder scouser than me but I don't see the need for the hatred on both sides. I love the banter between the two cities, and I think they're both great, exciting places to live, with decent and warm people.

As for the football, I only read Grandoldteam and there are a lot of cretins on there, most Everton fans have a healthy respect for Manchester City, a big team that have been overshadowed by their city neighbours, much like us. There is a hint of envy about the fact that you've got all the money and we've been trying to build something, but I want Man City to do well, I can't stand the Kopites or Man Utd fans whinging about money when they were perfectly happy to seal up the Champion's League for themselves.

I think it'll end a draw on Saturday, but good luck with the rest of the seaon, hopefully it'll be Everton challenging you for the title soon, rather than the Red Shite of both Liverpool and Manchester.

Having worked for several months at Elmsmere Port years ago most of the lads there were Everton fans and were a cracking set of lads. We all lked a bit of banter and gave it the UTD and Red Scouse supporters big time as they were in the minority. A few loud mouthed kids coming on here giving it large or sounding off on their own web site wont change my mind.

JohnnyWishbone said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
i have just had a look on that forum and apart from the hatred they have for us some parts a very funny.

1. The fact that they are saying this is their biggest game of the season so far whereas many city fans see it as 'just another game'.

2. The dislike they have for Ireland is just pathetic and based on nothing

3. When comparing how much they hate us betwen eachother one bright individual posted -

'A meteoroid could land on the Stadium of Light and I wouldn't shed a tear! I reckon we'll get a trophy before Man Sh1tty, Joleon, you ******!'

The 35 page thread suggests differently there chief.

The problem is though you muppet, this has been started becuase of your bitter fan's.

sweet baby Jesus and the legend of rafa!!!

I can't be arsed reading the previous 7454 pages but there does seem to be a good deal of bitterness from both sides.

Certainly from our side (Everton) we're up for sat'dee for so many reasons (Lescott, Hughes jibes, Manc v scouse thing, the Denim thing, 5.30 ko so more time on the ale, big challenge against a very good side and the fact we're getting what resembles our first team back) and personally I can't wait for it.

I suppose another thing is that our clubs are compared quite a lot - manc/scouse thing, in the shadows of neighbours etc. and in many ways quite comparable. However, many of our lot dont see it that way as we have more league titles, more trophies, higher attendances over the years, top flight more years yadda yadda. I suppose there's also some jealousy about this money that you have as we haven't got a pot to piss in.

Personnally I think City are fine and a big decent club - with their fans being loyal and sound, albeit a little scruffy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.