Lowest away following.

From the footage, doesn’t look like we had many at Plymouth for the 6-3 win in the League Cup in Oct 88. Was that rearranged after the first one was called off due to fog or something? I went to Plymouth that year in the January when we were 2-0 up at half time and lost 3-2! Two lads I knew at the time decided to drive that day from London and had car problems! They got in at half time. From memory we probably had about 800 there that day.
The 6-3 had suffered a late postponement the previous evening.

I also attended the 3-2 defeat, and then the 1-0 victory when Gayle scored a header from a set piece at the City end
I think I'm right in saying that we played at Home Park 3 times in 6-7 months in 1988, but never since.

I also attended the 3-2 defeat, and then the 1-0 victory when Gayle scored a header from a set piece at the City end
I think I'm right in saying that we played at Home Park 3 times in 6-7 months in 1988, but never since.
Yes I was at the 3-2 and 1-0 win sat in the Maine stand for the 1-0 with top City lads that day,at the time I was working in Bude so not far to travel.

The original game for the League Cup was the Tuesday. I was on one of the 2 official supporters club coaches that turned back at Taunton when news came through the game was off. It only started pissing it down as we hit Bristol but it was torrential.

The game was played (as you said) the following day and City won 6-3. No way could I get the 2nd day off work so missed it.

However, I then had to travel back to Plymouth again on the Saturday for the League game - Brian Gayle heading in the only goal.

Incidentally, City had played away at Ipswich the previous Saturday.
Swales presented a certificate to those fans travelling on the supporters coach on all four trips.

Millwall away when away supporters were banned. Just me, my son and a mate as well as some in a hospitality box which came under attack after they celebrated the third goal going in.

There was a midweek game v Wimbledon at Selhurst in September 92. We won 1-0 (White) and the crowd was 4,714.
I think that was the first time I met @Vic and his lad.
I remember not wanting to leave the pub near Thornton Heath station. I also remember the Stone Roses album being played to death by the coach driver on the way home.

The original game for the League Cup was the Tuesday. I was on one of the 2 official supporters club coaches that turned back at Taunton when news came through the game was off. It only started pissing it down as we hit Bristol but it was torrential.

The game was played (as you said) the following day and City won 6-3. No way could I get the 2nd day off work so missed it.

However, I then had to travel back to Plymouth again on the Saturday for the League game - Brian Gayle heading in the only goal.

Incidentally, City had played away at Ipswich the previous Saturday.
Swales presented a certificate to those fans travelling on the supporters coach on all four trips.
I went to the Ipswich one from London. The inflatables craze was at its peak around then. I think Frankenstein had a scrap with paddling pool (or similar :-) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.