Lowest point in supporting City since the 2008 takeover

JASR

In the past 14 years it’s been a rollercoaster of a ride, with a decidedly upward trend.

But there’s been some serious low points.

For me, there are 2 standouts of really low times.

1. The original uefa European ban. The media headlines and bile spouted about the club …was hard to take, and there was a constant nagging doubt (despite the mounds of actual facts presented by various posters on here) that the club had done wrong and we were smoke and mirrors.

2. The European super league.
Having previously broken the istree cartel stranglehold, it felt that our (albeit ‘last one in’ stance) was a kick in the teeth to what I thought was the principles of fair and honest competition that the club had held. It’s the only time I thought… well fuck it, that’ll be the end of my City watching days.

Edit: just realised that my lowest points have nothing to do with losing a match, a trophy or similar, but are almost ‘political’ points in football. Heh

The Wigan cup final. I loved Mancini and he was already sacked, and everyone knew it. Reminded me of the Sven Middlesborough game in lots of ways.

And I was in Geneva, on my own, watching it in a bar paying 11 quid a pint.

The Pellegrini farewell thing was a bit of an embarrassing clusterfuck as well. The club shouldn't have bothered, we all knew what was going to happen. I fucked it off to go to the pub tbh.

Covid was one as well. During the early stages I struggled a lot, and there were some dark days when I really did think...what if I never go to a football match, or to a gig ever again. What if this is it, this is our lives forever..

Van persie free kick for utd taking the title back to them, Nasri the coward ducking out of the way. Pep deciding no Rodri or Fenandinho were needed against Chelsea in the champions league final despite one or the other playing every game throughout the season , effectively giving Chelsea control of a very winnable final.

From a pure performance viewpoint, the 3:0 home defeat against Forest in the FA Cup was really, really shit. On the day I didn't think too much of those Zabaleta and Kompany fellas.....(how wrong can you be!)
All relative I guess, as for years we never got into a Semi-Final (we seemed to have a mental block at the last 8!) but the very late defeats in the semi finals v the rags in 2010 and Real Madrid last season were galling.
Ofcourse we got our own back against United the following season ( here's hoping for getting our own back in the other one!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.