Lowest point in supporting City since the 2008 takeover

Wigan. Including the Mancini sacking on the day.

Our owners got what they deserved that day. They f*cked over Mancini, the team, and the fans. I’ll never forgive them for that day.

How those in charge watching on the day had the nerve and the gall to commiserate Mancini and the team after defeat is beyond me.

Lyon and Chelsea (final) in the CL. Both down to Pep’s tactics and team selections. The rags away 4-3. Owen scoring the late winner.

As others have already said, it has to be the Wigan final. I was lucky enough to get a ticket (thanks to someone on here, you know who you are!). The atmosphere was toxic that day with the whole Mancini thing going on. Lots of "you can stick your Pellegrini up your arse" chants going around, quite a few pissed up/coked up blues in the stands, a shameful non performance from the team, and getting absolutely drenched on the walk back up Wembley Way to the tube after the game. A total shitshow of a day.

Spurs in champions league. First time it became a reality that the game is not decided on the pitch.

Watching a game and thinking you have done it and then for it to be wiped out but not aware in the moment.

A few results pissed me off, particularly champions leagues knockout stage,losing to the Premier league clubs, Chelsea, Spurs and the dippers but possibly last year against Madrid.
In most cases , we were probably the better team going into those matches.
If Madrid in the final last year and Gundogan (Villa) hadn't bailed us out, those scouse lot could have won the famous quad.
That doesn't even bear thinking about.

I got over them very quickly compared to results years ago.

We were perceived to be so bad one time that I travelled over with the Dublin branch and when we got to the ferryport, a columnist, Nell
Mc Cafferty, interviewed us for a Sunday newspaper and wanted to know why a group of lads would go over to see us when it was far easier at the time to travel and support other clubs.
Nearly everyone had just finished work and were heading straight over to the match.

In the past 14 years it’s been a rollercoaster of a ride, with a decidedly upward trend.

But there’s been some serious low points.

For me, there are 2 standouts of really low times.

1. The original uefa European ban. The media headlines and bile spouted about the club …was hard to take, and there was a constant nagging doubt (despite the mounds of actual facts presented by various posters on here) that the club had done wrong and we were smoke and mirrors.

2. The European super league.
Having previously broken the istree cartel stranglehold, it felt that our (albeit ‘last one in’ stance) was a kick in the teeth to what I thought was the principles of fair and honest competition that the club had held. It’s the only time I thought… well fuck it, that’ll be the end of my City watching days.

Edit: just realised that my lowest points have nothing to do with losing a match, a trophy or similar, but are almost ‘political’ points in football. Heh
Tevez's strop.

That game against Tottingham in the Champion's League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.