Loyalty Point Scheme

The Blue

Although generally i feel that the loyalty points scheme works well, there are some things that could change.

I went to Santander last year and got 20 loyalty points for doing so, i am due to go to Barcelona next week and will get another 20 points for going there.

What i don't get is Blackburn 20 mile down the road and supporters gain the same amount of loyalty points as games abroad. Surely the fans who have travelled abroad watching city, should be rewarded a bit more for doing so?

Am i being to fussy or have i got a point?

should be proportional to distance, been thinking this for a while.

Even within the league, it takes much more effort to get to pompey than the swamp..got to reward accordingly, I think.

Giving more points for Santander and Barcelona than Blackburn is rewarding those fans with deeper pockets more than anything else. There will, no doubt, have been fans who would have loved to go to those two games but, due to financial constraints, couldn't. Having more disposable income doesn't make you more loyal.

Matty said:
Giving more points for Santander and Barcelona than Blackburn is rewarding those fans with deeper pockets more than anything else. There will, no doubt, have been fans who would have loved to go to those two games but, due to financial constraints, couldn't. Having more disposable income doesn't make you more loyal.

so your saying - somebody who has no money atall, with no season card .. is more loyal than somebody who goes all home and away games ..... no too sure on that one

Lee-ManCity said:
Matty said:

so your saying - somebody who has no money atall, with no season card .. is more loyal than somebody who goes all home and away games ..... no too sure on that one

Maybe you should read it again through a language translator or something as not only does it not say that it doesn't even vaguely imply it ? Are you foreign trying to read english maybe ?

Lee-ManCity said:
Matty said:

No, I never said anyone was more loyal than anyone else, what I said was loyalty shouldn't be measured by how big your wallet is. I might be just as loyal as the guy who sits next to me at COMS, however he may well have far more money than me, and a job that allows him to travel to Spain mid-week to watch City. That doesn't mean he's more loyal, his circumstances are just better suited.

Lee-ManCity said:

This is going to turn into a daft debate but not everybody can afford seasoncards or to go home and away.

I used to to go home and away but now have a young family so can't for money and time reasons. I get to the home ones and have a season ticket, but I doubt the missus would appreciate me galavanting all over Europe every two weeks to Eastern European shitholes, even if I could afford it.
As far as I can tell, that certainly doesn't make me less loyal than anybody who goes to Santander because I would if I could. Good on em for going like but everybody is different.

I don't know who sets the loyalty points but there are several strange decisions. Rangers away 10pts and Celtic at home 20pts, surely they should at least merit the same amount.

Bluebee2 said:
I don't know who sets the loyalty points but there are several strange decisions. Rangers away 10pts and Celtic at home 20pts, surely they should at least merit the same amount.
Now that I'll agree with, loyalty points should be pretty much equal for most games. I can only assume City wanted to attract more people to the Celtic game as it was a home match and we got more money from gate receipts.

Matty said:
Lee-ManCity said:

No, I never said anyone was more loyal than anyone else, what I said was loyalty shouldn't be measured by how big your wallet is. I might be just as loyal as the guy who sits next to me at COMS, however he may well have far more money than me, and a job that allows him to travel to Spain mid-week to watch City. That doesn't mean he's more loyal, his circumstances are just better suited.

sorry my bad, misread it lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.