20 points
Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham, Spurs, West Ham

25 points
Pompey

European games
30 points

Simple.

rowsley_st said:
For me, the loyalty point system is not going to do us any favours long term.
Lets face it, most people start going to matches with their Dad etc, gone are the days when you could meet up with a few mates from School...hop on the 52 and pay on the day and all stand together.
Now its a logistical mare trying to take a son/daughter or whatever to a match if you're on massively different point totals.

The scenario would be- that we get to Wembley for a final, I have 4000 points and my lad has 2950, (I've got more as he wasn't even born when the system was brought in) I'm able to by a ticket in the first couple of days of sale but my son can't get his until 4 days later, and then his seat is going to be in another part of the ground...and he's only 10 or 11, it's going to come to this and it'll be a generation thing, we'll end up with every fan over 50 and no one there under 25.
My opinion is it should be reviewed every year, if you have a kid and they grow up a few years and then get a season ticket with you, they should have points added to be the same as yours...otherwise you're never going to be able to take them anywhere with you...Controversial, yes, but is there any other way of ensuring we keep our fans as they have kids and their kids want to attend a match with them other than a home game in the league if they have a season ticket?.
Debate!.................

I can understand where you're coming from but try this for a scenario.

We get to a cup final, you've got 5000 points, your son has got 2500 points "officially" (i.e. one's has actually earned) but has been bumped up to 5000 so you can go together to the matches. I have 3500 points and tickets sell out at the 3800 mark. I don't get to go to the match yet your son does, despite not having been going to matches very long and not actually having the required points through "legitimate" means. Is that fair to me?

Matty said:
rowsley_st said:
Lets face it, most people start going to matches with their Dad etc, gone are the days when you could meet up with a few mates from School...hop on the 52 and pay on the day and all stand together.
Now its a logistical mare trying to take a son/daughter or whatever to a match if you're on massively different point totals.

The scenario would be- that we get to Wembley for a final, I have 4000 points and my lad has 2950, (I've got more as he wasn't even born when the system was brought in) I'm able to by a ticket in the first couple of days of sale but my son can't get his until 4 days later, and then his seat is going to be in another part of the ground...and he's only 10 or 11, it's going to come to this and it'll be a generation thing, we'll end up with every fan over 50 and no one there under 25.
My opinion is it should be reviewed every year, if you have a kid and they grow up a few years and then get a season ticket with you, they should have points added to be the same as yours...otherwise you're never going to be able to take them anywhere with you...Controversial, yes, but is there any other way of ensuring we keep our fans as they have kids and their kids want to attend a match with them other than a home game in the league if they have a season ticket?.
Debate!.................

I can understand where you're coming from but try this for a scenario.

We get to a cup final, you've got 5000 points, your son has got 2500 points "officially" (i.e. one's has actually earned) but has been bumped up to 5000 so you can go together to the matches. I have 3500 points and tickets sell out at the 3800 mark. I don't get to go to the match yet your son does, despite not having been going to matches very long and not actually having the required points through "legitimate" means. Is that fair to me?

He's right though in what he says about the generation thing. You only have to look at the derby at Old Trafford nowadays to see it is full of people over 50. The loyalty points has it plusses and its flaws.

although our loyalty point system is flawed, its a hell of a lot better than others. i believe (correct me if im wrong) that with alot of clubs, eg the scum + arsenal etc, you apply and go in2 a draw, then if you are chosen, you go 2 the game, but you have to have been to games previousley to be accepted in2 the draw. so you book a saturday off work, with no guarentee of going to the game.

rowsley_st said:

Debate!.................
So fans that have earnt their loyalty points therefore miss out on tickets in favour of some kids who's dad wants to take them on a day out.
In fairness I have been in the same situation and have waited until the loyality points have come down low enough for us to sit/stand together. The other option is to buy your tickets first and then your kids tickets when the points lower and ask the person(s) sat next to them if they will swop seats so youu can sit next to your kids, I have also done this and you will find almost everyone willing to help you out. In time their points mount up and within a few years you will find them somewhere nearer the top end of the points table and you will be able to get your tickets together.
The loyalilty points will work out for the kids if you give them them time to mount up and don't expect them to accrew enough overnight to enable tickets for the derby away etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.