Loyalty Point Scheme

What if I cannot afford to go to every game, and the guy next to me can, and gets more points then. Is that fair, does it mean he is more loyal than me? No it does not.

Point is though, the effort people put into go to spain/germany/south africa for the team deserves a higher level of points than taking the train to blackburn no matter how wealthy the guy is. It's still crazy money to spend on supporting a football team. Thus, lots of kudos deserved. It would do little harm for those who just cannot afford it, but send a nice message of thanks (more proportionate) to those who can.

They should only be given for proper matches, people who went to Boro, Newcastle and Brighton away deserved more than people who go on holiday and happend to watch city.

In my opinion I think it is a joke to get loyalty points for pre season friendlies - it should be based on league and cup games only. I disagree that there should be more of a weighted points for Portsmouth compared to United for example but the problem is just because you travel further it doesn't mean you are more loyal. There are plenty of blues who live in London for example who have season tickets and go to all the Southern away games. If they got say 50 points for each of those games and those who just go local get 10 points for Blackburn, Bolton Liverpool etc, then the Southern based fans would have a better chance of getting tickets for the derby and for any big games in the future. Hardly seems fair. As it stands yes there are problems with the loyalty points system but the only people who seem to complain about it are those who don't get tickets for United cause they don't have enough points. I'd also say that going to Bolton on a freezing Saturday afternoon, having to go to the Reebok paying 35 quid to watch us get battered probably makes you more loyal than going to Barcelona for a friendly where you're guaranteed a good time win lose or draw and then not fancying the less glamorous games

For me, the loyalty point system is not going to do us any favours long term.
Lets face it, most people start going to matches with their Dad etc, gone are the days when you could meet up with a few mates from School...hop on the 52 and pay on the day and all stand together.
Now its a logistical mare trying to take a son/daughter or whatever to a match if you're on massively different point totals.

The scenario would be- that we get to Wembley for a final, I have 4000 points and my lad has 2950, (I've got more as he wasn't even born when the system was brought in) I'm able to by a ticket in the first couple of days of sale but my son can't get his until 4 days later, and then his seat is going to be in another part of the ground...and he's only 10 or 11, it's going to come to this and it'll be a generation thing, we'll end up with every fan over 50 and no one there under 25.
My opinion is it should be reviewed every year, if you have a kid and they grow up a few years and then get a season ticket with you, they should have points added to be the same as yours...otherwise you're never going to be able to take them anywhere with you...Controversial, yes, but is there any other way of ensuring we keep our fans as they have kids and their kids want to attend a match with them other than a home game in the league if they have a season ticket?.
Debate!.................

rowsley_st said:
Lets face it, most people start going to matches with their Dad etc, gone are the days when you could meet up with a few mates from School...hop on the 52 and pay on the day and all stand together.
Now its a logistical mare trying to take a son/daughter or whatever to a match if you're on massively different point totals.

The scenario would be- that we get to Wembley for a final, I have 4000 points and my lad has 2950, (I've got more as he wasn't even born when the system was brought in) I'm able to by a ticket in the first couple of days of sale but my son can't get his until 4 days later, and then his seat is going to be in another part of the ground...and he's only 10 or 11, it's going to come to this and it'll be a generation thing, we'll end up with every fan over 50 and no one there under 25.
My opinion is it should be reviewed every year, if you have a kid and they grow up a few years and then get a season ticket with you, they should have points added to be the same as yours...otherwise you're never going to be able to take them anywhere with you...Controversial, yes, but is there any other way of ensuring we keep our fans as they have kids and their kids want to attend a match with them other than a home game in the league if they have a season ticket?.
Debate!.................

I agree with that mate, i think the club should make exceptions for family, especially if the sons/daughters are quite young.

Lee-ManCity said:
Matty said:
Giving more points for Santander and Barcelona than Blackburn is rewarding those fans with deeper pockets more than anything else. There will, no doubt, have been fans who would have loved to go to those two games but, due to financial constraints, couldn't. Having more disposable income doesn't make you more loyal.

so your saying - somebody who has no money atall, with no season card .. is more loyal than somebody who goes all home and away games ..... no too sure on that one

matty has a point, but believe me i no a lot of lads on the away scene who are absoloutley skint but still manage to find the cash to go home and away(i'm 1 of them).

rowsley_st said:

Debate!.................
Very good point, we're going to be fucked in around 30-40 years time.

Debate!.................[/quote]
Very good point, we're going to be fucked in around 30-40 years time.[/quote]

I don't even think it'll be that long away.
10 years is all it will take for a massive gulf between dads and lads etc.
There's bound to be people who drop off going, but you'll find that one of the reasons for that will be because they'll want to take their kids with them and they won't be able to and then their wife'll say "you aint going withou Johnny are you!!??"..They'll just stop going.

We are hoping to build on our recent good fortune, we need to encourage people to bring youngsters through, and they aint going to be able to do that, especially for away matches, if they're on huge differences in points..If they're just on access cards for home games this could also come in effect too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.