Loyalty Points - Now a Joke

Why should non-ST holders be restricted? I'm a non-ST holder but have used more than 6 tickers this season through my branch, as otherwise I'd never get any away tickets as a blue card holder. I still go to more away matches than many season ticket holders, but under your system would have to limit it.

We're a relatively new branch (North Bury) having formed off this forum you are on now, last July.

I haven't usually met the point criteria for most of the away games this season, so I applied through our OSC.
of our 150 members, we get around 4/5 ticket requests, our highest being 11 for the Newcastle away.... We recieved 4 tickets.

So Although I help operate an OSC - I won't be going to the match... As we put our members before the committee.

For this game, one branch alone applied for 500+ tickets.
Which is a joke and Kevin Parker (OSC Secretary) was quickly onto this branch and as far as I'm aware this was blocked.

Our ticket distribution policy is based on our own points system: you gain points for attending meetings. So someone who just joined for tickets then never came to a meeting wouldn't get a ticket from our branch.

What we cannot control is someone who is a member applying for tickets through us, then selling their ticket on to whoever they wish.
This happened at the 6-1 Derby and I was pissed off as I wanted to go but gave up my application so that this member could have a ticket.

Running this OSC along with the committee is a thankless voluntary position, but then again I never did it for praise or personal gain - I've done this for local blues to connect with each other.

if it wasn't for Supporters Clubs there would be no Man City.... Just remember that.

Stevie B said:
We're a relatively new branch (North Bury) having formed off this forum you are on now, last July.

I haven't usually met the point criteria for most of the away games this season, so I applied through our OSC.
of our 150 members, we get around 4/5 ticket requests, our highest being 11 for the Newcastle away.... We recieved 4 tickets.

So Although I help operate an OSC - I won't be going to the match... As we put our members before the committee.

Which is a joke and Kevin Parker (OSC Secretary) was quickly onto this branch and as far as I'm aware this was blocked.

Our ticket distribution policy is based on our own points system: you gain points for attending meetings. So someone who just joined for tickets then never came to a meeting wouldn't get a ticket from our branch.

What we cannot control is someone who is a member applying for tickets through us, then selling their ticket on to whoever they wish.
This happened at the 6-1 Derby and I was pissed off as I wanted to go but gave up my application so that this member could have a ticket.

Running this OSC along with the committee is a thankless voluntary position, but then again I never did it for praise or personal gain - I've done this for local blues to connect with each other.

if it wasn't for Supporters Clubs there would be no Man City.... Just remember that.
Thats probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on blue moon

bluesmith said:
Stevie B said:

why is it?

We have our own LP system inplace to stop people from gaining tickets who show no commitment to a supporters club... we take into account their own LP with City aswell.
This limits "tourist sales"

And my final comment isn't ridiculous - Many people who have far exceeded you or I's knowledge of MCFC have also vouched for the importance of the Supporters Club and the role it has played over the years in keeping the support of the club alive... No support equals nothing... Nada

Stevie B said:
bluesmith said:
Stevie B said:

why is it?

We have our own LP system inplace to stop people from gaining tickets who show no commitment to a supporters club... we take into account their own LP with City aswell.
This limits "tourist sales"

And my final comment isn't ridiculous - Many people who have far exceeded you or I's knowledge of MCFC have also vouched for the importance of the Supporters Club and the role it has played over the years in keeping the support of the club alive... No support equals nothing... Nada
So let get me this straight you think if we didnt have supporter clubs Manchester City would have folded? Ridiculous.

Our supporters club is do fair, we applied for 39 for Newcastle and got 6 then these 6 go to the most 6 active members in the club which all have over 7000 point so could of got tickets themselves anyway. The more you go to the games the more chance you have of getting a ticket and the lad from "North Bury branch" why don’t you hand your tickets out on the day because then no one can sell them on.

bluesmith said:
So let get me this straight you think if we didnt have supporter clubs Manchester City would have folded? Ridiculous.

Supporters Clubs have kept a large portion of support going at this club when times were not so successful as they are now, way before we were shown on Sky Sports every game of the week.
No Club can operate in this country with an empty stadium, it just isn't attractive for a potential fanbase... without the fans the game is just 22 men kicking a ball around a field (like on a local park)

With No support this club would of just been thrown in the bin, or bought by another businessman and relocated.

thetimeisup said:
the lad from "North Bury branch" why don’t you hand your tickets out on the day because then no one can sell them on.

Our branch has yet to organise matchday travel due to the lack of demand.
Many branches who have matchday travel can do this, but can you imagine trying to get tickets to people for say the Newcastle Away game with kick off at 1:30pm... When the 4 fans who got tickets through our branch would of been setting off at 6/7am?

We can trust members who are applying for tickets as we know they are active... The individual who got the 6-1 ticket for Old Trafford has since not been to many meetings and thus would fail in obtaining a ticket.

It's rare someone would turn up at our meets just to obtain a ticket and then sell it on....

The main problem (and I have an issue with it aswell) is many of the bigger supporters clubs having branch members who are not "active" and yet apply for tickets and obtain them.

This stops genuine fans who are very active at other branches from obtaining tickets through their supporters club.

If there were no supporters clubs the 5% or so who travel with them to home games would find their own way their most likely.

As i have said many times before the only way to do it is for supporters clubs to use it as a meeting place to meet other Blues from your respective part of the Country. All members apply for there own tickets the same as everyone else and use the club for transport etc. Why is there a loyalty points system in place for all fans however the supporters club feel need to implement there own? Another question how come suppoters club only claim to say get 4/5 tickets however turn up on a 52 seater coach????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.