Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

Corky said:
7 years ago we took 1900 to Wigan and 2000 to Everton for Saturday 3pm.

No one was too bothered about loyalty points then as not many wanted to go.

You are right. Those of us who went to those matches didn't have problems getting the tickets either.

I've put the time in since I was able to afford a season ticket. There were years when I couldn't so I'm making up for it now. Leave the loyalty point system alone I say.

Londonblue20 said:
As many have said no perfect solution.
Whenever we get an allocation of about 3k tickets for the big games I'd love to go but I can never catch up on the points to qualify. I have 8,600 and go to about 5-7 away games each season plus europe when I can afford it. There is no way I ever get a league ticket for OT, Anfield or even Barca away a couple of months ago.

By default it's always the same people who will get tickets, those who can afford it and those who go to virtually every game and keep amassing points. Bit like a cartel but I can't buy my way in. If I could afford it I'd try to go to more games but am shut out partly because of pricing and partly because I can never catch up on the points needed for certain games. I could probably afford more games but can never get tickets.

Another option but not fair on those with more points than me, would be to allocate (say) 2500 for those in the top tier of loyalty points but allocate 500 to those who have attended a certain number of away games over a 2 or 3 year period. Again not perfect but at least it gives others a chance to see games and accumulate some points.
Did you go to Liverpool in August 2012 when we were the Champions?
It went to general sale?

Nineteen away games went on general sale last year, nineteen.

Maybe we should introduce a ballot for home games too? All seasoncard holders go into a ballot and 5000 are pulled out for the top games, scum, Barca, Liverpool and are sold off to people who would like to go to those games but don't have a seasoncard.
Seems fair.

de niro said:
Corky said:
7 years ago we took 1900 to Wigan and 2000 to Everton for Saturday 3pm.

No one was too bothered about loyalty points then as not many wanted to go.

Bingo.

And I was at both of them so I share your views. I have always been of the opinion that it should stay as it is as we had to put up with the shit. We should be rewarded for it now as we are. But a 10 year rolling period would still reward it. We would all start at the top and continue at the top if we carried on going as we have been doing. You have access to every ticket so can accumulate more points than a ST holder with 2000 points so he still can't catch you.

I don't think you would see much change in the position you are currently in. It would give hope to someone that they can bridge the gap with 10 years dedication. Surely they would deserve that?

WNRH said:
There is no perfect system.

You'll get the ones who have low loyalty points who say a change is need and those who have high loyalty points who say leave it as it is.

only this.

every season this topic comes up. I missed out on barca away by 100 points but didnt cry the systems not fair. The system is what it is and has been in place long enough that people know the score. People just starting to go will obviously not get the benefit that people who have been going years will get thats the way the system works , rewarding loyalty, the more games you go to the more points you get. This may sound harsh but if you want to take your son or daughter to the match thats great but dont expect to be able to get them to jump the queue just because they are going with you who may have been going for years. Everybody has to start somewhere with points but if everyone wants to queue jump their kids doesnt that deny a tickets to those who have earned the points.

Anyone that has a season ticket for 10 years and goes regularly away (which anyone can) will earn enough points to get tickets to any game they want.

I've had my season ticket for 11 years and don't have enough points for the big games away. I'm not far off but usually sells out before my points. Which is fair enough as I stopped going to aways when I had kids.

But it's not a closed shop and anyone that wants to build up the points to go to the big games can easily do so.

shinpads said:
WNRH said:

You'll get the ones who have low loyalty points who say a change is need and those who have high loyalty points who say leave it as it is.

only this.

every season this topic comes up. I missed out on barca away by 100 points but didnt cry the systems not fair. The system is what it is and has been in place long enough that people know the score. People just starting to go will obviously not get the benefit that people who have been going years will get thats the way the system works , rewarding loyalty, the more games you go to the more points you get. This may sound harsh but if you want to take your son or daughter to the match thats great but dont expect to be able to get them to jump the queue just because they are going with you who may have been going for years. Everybody has to start somewhere with points but if everyone wants to queue jump their kids doesnt that deny a tickets to those who have earned the points.

You missed out on Barca by 100 points because there were literally hundreds above you who habitually bought the ticket to maintain status yet chose to sell the ticket on to friends and family who would have otherwise came nowhere near qualification in their own right!

Loyalty should be rewarded, however the current system sees countless occasions of whoring and that is the fundamental flaw.

City are a big enough organisation to come up with a plan for printing names on tickets and carrying out spot checks at away games at point of entry.

Only those who abuse the system would be fearful. 1 strike your out, all points remove and back to the bottom of the list. Then and only then would the loyalty point system be truly fair and abuse free!

Let's see who is the first to argue this can't be done and it's unfair.......

I would suggest the areas that need looking at are.
1) How many tickets do the corporates
cream off.
2) The allocation to supporters clubs.
Where they throw all season cards into
a pot and apply en mass.
Loyalty points are gained on cards for
people who dont't go away and tickets are
distributed sometimes to people who
don't even have a season card.

MaineRoadBlue said:
shinpads said:
WNRH said:

only this.

You missed out on Barca by 100 points because there were literally hundreds above you who habitually bought the ticket to maintain status yet chose to sell the ticket on to friends and family who would have otherwise came nowhere near qualification in their own right!

Loyalty should be rewarded, however the current system sees countless occasions of whoring and that is the fundamental flaw.

City are a big enough organisation to come up with a plan for printing names on tickets and carrying out spot checks at away games at point of entry.

Only those who abuse the system would be fearful. 1 strike your out, all points remove and back to the bottom of the list. Then and only then would the loyalty point system be truly fair and abuse free!

Let's see who is the first to argue this can't be done and it's unfair.......

It's perfectly fair but can you really see City pouring any resources into policing it? The home clubs aren't arsed either.

Plenty of games go down to general sale offering the chance to build points.

I class myself as one of the "younger" fans and I'm just about getting there as last season, I only couldn't get Everton and United. The season before was only United.

The demand for away tickets isn't as high as people make out. Not many people made the trip to Swansea on New Years Day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.