Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

kenzie115 said:
de niro said:
mancitymick said:
Keep it as loyalty points but may be offer more points for less desirable games. Southampton away on a Monday night for example.most of those on high points will still go but those who can't be arsed as they can rightly so pick and choose games will one day be caught faster. Down side it will make points whores more greedy
this is a good shout, especially in some CL games, anyone and everyone would go to barca but would they do say Istanbul? as you say re Southampton v visiting goodison. grade the aways.
Completely agree.

Swansea on NYD was a good example, as was Moscow. To only get the same number of points for these games as you did for going to OT or to Blackburn in the FA Cup doesn't make sense to me.

Swansea was a disgrace, early ko on nyd is a right shafting, we had to get a hotel and spend Nye down there. all adds to the cost. you are talking with tickets food and petrol etc a 400 quid match for the 3 of us. didn't cost that for barca away.

kenzie115 said:
moomba said:
Anyone that has a season ticket for 10 years and goes regularly away (which anyone can) will earn enough points to get tickets to any game they want.

I've had my season ticket for 11 years and don't have enough points for the big games away. I'm not far off but usually sells out before my points. Which is fair enough as I stopped going to aways when I had kids.

But it's not a closed shop and anyone that wants to build up the points to go to the big games can easily do so.

Perhaps now's not the right time then but in 5, 10 or 15 years time, there'll come a point where the kids will have no chance of ever getting an away ticket.

You think everyone before the kids will go on to all games forever? Everyone has their rightful spot in the queue and there will Always be someone behind someone, so just wait for your turn.

Another minor point, that wont solve any of problems mentioned on loyalty points, but would certainly fill some of the empty seats we find in early cup games and un popular night games.
LOYALTY POINTS should only be awarded when the card is used.
I know this alone wont stop point whores, but it will prevent people just buying cheap tickets ie £10 / £15 for the points with no intention of going.

It was also mentioned earlier re- I.D. checks. Could not the "here to help" blue bib brigade be employed for some away games to do random checks on tickets.
Example - Scan ticket in machine - Buyers details come up on screen - If answers don`t match random questions - NO POINTS awarded.
It won`t stop everyone , but unless you know the purchaser very well, it could lessen abuse

What a load of bollocks.

We want people to buy tickets, we don't want empty seats and we're going to ID check people removing the best way for people to ensure that tickets are still used if the original purchaser can't make it.

Only skimmed through the thread, so apologies if the point has already been made many times:

I've had a season ticket since 1999, and in 2006 when I'd finished school I wanted to go to away games on a regular basis. Can't remember how many points I would have been on, but at a guess 3k-ish. Back then it was probably easier because City were shit, so you could still go to a healthy % of away games to build your points up. This is still the case, as far as I'm aware. If you've just started going away a bit more and you think you can easily get a ticket to something like united or Liverpool then you're an idiot. With a season ticket now, with the amount of games we play, you could easily build your points up.

I haven't renewed yet, but last time I checked I was on about 13-14k. I think the bogeyman "points whore" is slightly exaggerated in numbers, but there are definitely a good few hundred in the points bracket I'm in. You can tell this by the days they sell tickets for small allocations - back in September, I was 2nd day of sale for Plzen, which suggests at that point there was still a good 300 above me in the queue.

If anything, I believe that the loyalty points system should be stricter. I've just left my position at a supporters branch, but since 2011 I was in charge of tickets - despite the line that some people trot out, when a supporters branch is given let's say 10 tickets for Villa away, it's down to the branch who gets them - nothing to do with loyalty points. There's been PLENTY of games over the years where I've had to allocate a ticket to someone who's got something like 4k points and the match has sold out at 8k. It's ridiculous, and unfair for people for people who have done exactly what I did but 2-3 years younger. These people who set up branches (particularly smaller ones) are basically given a queue jump ticket for free.

de niro said:
kenzie115 said:
de niro said:
this is a good shout, especially in some CL games, anyone and everyone would go to barca but would they do say Istanbul? as you say re Southampton v visiting goodison. grade the aways.
Completely agree.
Swansea on NYD was a good example, as was Moscow. To only get the same number of points for these games as you did for going to OT or to Blackburn in the FA Cup doesn't make sense to me.
Swansea was a disgrace, early ko on nyd is a right shafting, we had to get a hotel and spend Nye down there. all adds to the cost. you are talking with tickets food and petrol etc a 400 quid match for the 3 of us. didn't cost that for barca away.
I did it all in one day so had to drive and no other bugger wanted to come with me. It was a good job we won, the trip back the previous year after the dire 0-0 was bad enough with company, having to drive the 250 miles back alone would have been awful.

moomba said:
What a load of bollocks.

We want people to buy tickets, we don't want empty seats and we're going to ID check people removing the best way for people to ensure that tickets are still used if the original purchaser can't make it.

What do you meen " what a load of bollocks "
It sounds to me like we both agree
Point 1 in your reply - Neither of us want empty seats. So stop point pimps buying a cheap ticket with no intention of going. And clocking up points whilst sat watching fucking emerdale.
At least the club would know the seat is available and could offer it to some JCL
Point 2 in your reply - The ID check would not invalid the ticket but would prevent the same point pimp or " original purchaser " as you call him clocking up points. Whilst still watching emerdale omnibus.
Therefore " ensuring that tickets are still used " when the telly/City fan " can`t make it "

You probably mean bollocks because they come in pairs

Ding Dong said:
moomba said:
What a load of bollocks.

Point 1 in your reply - Neither of us want empty seats. So stop point pimps buying a cheap ticket with no intention of going. And clocking up points whilst sat watching fucking emerdale.
At least the club would know the seat is available and could offer it to some JCL
Point 2 in your reply - The ID check would not invalid the ticket but would prevent the same point pimp or " original purchaser " as you call him clocking up points. Whilst still watching emerdale omnibus.
Therefore " ensuring that tickets are still used " when the telly/City fan " can`t make it "

So what you are saying is the points whores and the no-shows are Emmerdale fans?

squirtyflower said:
Ding Dong said:
moomba said:
What a load of bollocks.

So what you are saying is the points whores and the no-shows are Emmerdale fans?

Certainly not CITY fans !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.