Lucas Moura

CityFan94 said:
CityCTID said:
CityFan94 said:
For a start, physically he's nowhere near. Ronaldo, physically, is a phenomenon. Very, very few players in world football are as good physically as Ronaldo. Lucas is really quick, but his physique is closer to Walcott than Ronaldo. Ronaldo is tall, fast, strong, powerful with a great jump. Physically near enough perfect, it's a massive part of Ronaldo's game.

Bit of perspective: At 18, Ronaldo was tearing it up at Euro 2004, playing a massive part in Portugal getting to the final. At 18, Lucas is a sub for Brazil's Under 23 side.

Goalscoring wise, he'll never come close. I've seen quite a bit of Lucas and he is a decent finisher, don't get me wrong, but nowhere near Ronaldo. Ronaldo scored 42 goals in the Premiership, the toughest league in the world. He's got 112 goals in 101 league games for Real Madrid. For someone who is essentially a winger, those stats are jaw-dropping. Unbelievable. Lucas will never come close to those goal stats. I'm surprised if any winger will for a long time, if I'm honest.

I like Lucas, he's very good, but people saying he'll be as good as Ronaldo? United fans dreaming there.
Well, he may or may not be as good as Ronaldo, who knows! but to say he'll never come close is just ridiculous perdition.

"CityFan94 is Ronaldo's biggest fan-boy methinks.

In my opinion, Lucas will be very good. But do I see him winning World Player of the Year and averaging over a goal a game over a 3 year period for a top club like Ronaldo has? No.

Fan boy? Haha no, I'm a big fan of Ronaldo, he's one of the best players I've watched, but I'm not a fan boy, infact I think Neymar will overtake him as the second best player in 2 years.

From what I've seen of lucas he's a similar build to ronaldo, small but strong. Don't think he's as good as Neymar though. I wish we would take a risk on Neymar or someone similar. Sure it doesn't always work out but that, I think is what sets Barca and Madrid apart from us they both have a player who is streets ahead of anyone else. Teams took a risk on both of them. Baconface didn't have to buy Ronaldo, Barca didn't have to play Messi regularly at 18 when they had arguably better players in reserve.

ANewEra... said:
CityFan94 said:
CityCTID said:
Well, he may or may not be as good as Ronaldo, who knows! but to say he'll never come close is just ridiculous perdition.

"CityFan94 is Ronaldo's biggest fan-boy methinks.

In my opinion, Lucas will be very good. But do I see him winning World Player of the Year and averaging over a goal a game over a 3 year period for a top club like Ronaldo has? No.

Fan boy? Haha no, I'm a big fan of Ronaldo, he's one of the best players I've watched, but I'm not a fan boy, infact I think Neymar will overtake him as the second best player in 2 years.

From what I've seen of lucas he's a similar build to ronaldo, small but strong. Don't think he's as good as Neymar though. I wish we would take a risk on Neymar or someone similar. Sure it doesn't always work out but that, I think is what sets Barca and Madrid apart from us they both have a player who is streets ahead of anyone else. Teams took a risk on both of them. Baconface didn't have to buy Ronaldo, Barca didn't have to play Messi regularly at 18 when they had arguably better players in reserve.

Lucas has more a build like Walcott than Ronaldo. Lucas is 5'8 whereas Ronaldo is 6'1.

I agree 100% with your point though. I'd love for us to get Neymar! Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar will be the three stars of world football in a few years. Sadly, Barcelona already have paid £10 million to get first choice on him so he'll inevitably end up there.

I don't think anyone thought Ronaldo would end up being the second best player in the world when he first signed for United and spent most of his time doing step-overs....jus' saying.

Baconface:

"I find it quite amazing that a club can pay €45million for a 19-year-old boy," Sir Alex continued. "To make a mark on everyone - to tell everyone that PSG are here - they've signed Thiago Silva from Milan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"They must have spent about £150m in the last month. As you know, the only deterrent to that is UEFA. In the conditions of European football, you don't qualify for Europe by winning the league or coming second - you only get in by invitation. That's where, hopefully, UEFA can have some power. When somebody's paying £45m for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad."

128668344501370137.jpg

And what the fuck does this mean?

In the conditions of European football, you don't qualify for Europe by winning the league or coming second - you only get in by invitation. That's where, hopefully, UEFA can have some power

http://www.godammit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/stop-being-a-****.jpg

So Baconface admitting defeat at last, can;t buy the players he wants as he is used to so decides to back Platinis ludicrous plans for a European league invite only. Last year advocating all games finishing at the same time because City benefited from Fergie time, it is really getting to the old dinosaur.

Rammyblues said:
So Baconface admitting defeat at last, can;t buy the players he wants as he is used to so decides to back Platinis ludicrous plans for a European league invite only. Last year advocating all games finishing at the same time because City benefited from Fergie time, it is really getting to the old dinosaur.

Yep the toys are being thrown out of the pram from our favourite Knight of the Realm. He should of quit a few years ago, and the more he stays the worse it will get.

Stoned Rose said:
And what the fuck does this mean?

In the conditions of European football, you don't qualify for Europe by winning the league or coming second - you only get in by invitation. That's where, hopefully, UEFA can have some power

If you ever wanted a single quote to prove the UEFA old boy clique protecting it's own, from one of the oldest boys in the game, there you have it. What a fucking pompous cunting load of bollocks.

I'm the first to admit that Ferguson has been a right **** down the years, but he's never really moaned about what other clubs spend on players compared to, say, Wenger. If anything, apart from the odd jibe about "kamikaze spending" he's tended towards accepting the challenges presented by Chelsea and, more recently, ourselves so these latest comments about PSG actually come as a surprise.

He should be directing his anger towards the Glazers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.