Lucas Paquetá

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA strikes again! Does anyone think we are being singled out? Bring on the Super League & F**k off FA & all the other bent associations.
Errr no. Look at the games he has been accused of insider betting and watch how he got the bookings. It’s got nothing to do with us if anything the fa did us a favour charging him before we signed him!

Another transfer dodged either by good luck or due diligence. Shame as he looks a player.

Plenty of options available. We should have our pick tbf. More than not we get it right.

Doku, kova and gvardiol turned out ok after a bumpy start. Really need to stop judging so soon. Philips it was obvious after 6 months unfortunately.

The next players to arrive will be top anyway.

Yeah, that is the interesting part to analyze. I don't think missing out on Paqueta or really any of those guys affected us this year. We won the league, and I don't think they necessarily would have changed the result against Madrid much. The question becomes how last offseason affects us moving forward. Missing out on Jude and Wirtz possibly wanting to stay home do we end up struggling to find that young midfielder of the future.
The question is not whether Paqueta would have effected the result against Real Madrid but whether he would have played more minutes over the course of the season than Nunes. Had we had more dependable midfielders between August-April, we would probably have gone into the games against Real Madrid with a healthier squad.
As you say, the direction in which we now turn will be interesting. If Guardiola is content with Lewis, Bobb, and Nunes, then we may be in for a quiet summer.

The few times I've taken notice of him (since we've been linked to him), I've been a bit meh. Is he a good player? Yes. But he seems to spend most of his time kicking anything that moves. He'll be no use sat in the stand serving out suspensions.
Think you’re right. I know you can’t have a team of world class players you need a blend but I just don’t think he’d improve us in anyway. His good wasn’t good enough in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.