Lucas Paquetá

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experience is much more important for us as we can see from Gundo and Mahrez departure it affected us.

There's nothing wrong to sign young player but they more often than not need time to adapt especially if they came from outside PL.

We need more experienced player who already adapted in PL and in the right age range not too young and not too old like Paqueta to strengthen our squad.

Wonder if there's any chance of us looking to move Nunes on after just a season?

Nunes & Phillips out with Paqueta & another coming in.
Maybe West Ham would want Nunes as part of the Paqueta deal?
I think he'd do well there.

The word is dirty leeds would take Phillips back, fingers crossed!

Maybe West Ham would want Nunes as part of the Paqueta deal?
I think he'd do well there.

The word is dirty leeds would take Phillips back, fingers crossed!
Had wondered the same, but the idea that sitting on our bench for a season is somehow beneficial has taken a knock with Phillips. Would they want Nunes after Phillips? Would they see him as worth the £50 million we spent or would they hold fast for the cash? Might need to cross our fingers and toes for both deals to happen.

They are good players but prising them out of Germany would be protracted and expensive. Camavinga is good, though perhaps not best suited to our style of play, and with a contract to 2029 he is off the table.

They are all prospects but, like those above, untried in the League and physically some are better suited for the flanks. Similarly, the importance of our keeping Grealish on the left is becoming clearer with each game.

As evidenced in key games, we have an energy problem in the centre of midfield, and in two summers have spent £120 million on Phillips/Nunes/Kovacic for a grand total this season of: 318; 1,240; and 2,172 minutes, respectively. Rodri is just shy of their combined total with 3,498. While I'm all in favour of giving Lewis and Bobb more game time, we need someone in the middle of the park with more experience and muscle, particularly if Bernardo leaves. It's also vital that Guardiola has complete faith in them.

Paqueta would be expensive, but probably £35 million cheaper than he might have cost last summer, and when surrounded by better players, as he is with Brazil (no disrespect to West Ham), he will excel.
disagree on some points (Paq would solve pace/energy "problem" in the midfield, Savio/Couto not good enough because not "PL proven"), agree that Paq is an exciting, well-rounded player but I would give the youth or the players we already have a chance

It is a forum where people will have differing opinions.

I can see why £85m seems a lot to some posters and why he’s what we need from others.

He’s better than what we have, but doesn’t seem value for money to me.
Fair enough, so how do you define value? I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I'm asking because every time we show interest in an expensive player the forum turns out a whole bunch of objectors. My suggestion is you might not be in line with today's market. 85 mil is the high end for very good players these days, not superstars.

disagree on some points (Paq would solve pace/energy "problem" in the midfield, Savio/Couto not good enough because not "PL proven"), agree that Paq is an exciting, well-rounded player but I would give the youth or the players we already have a chance
If you look at Paqueta’s heat maps, you can see that he can get around the park in all directions, and that’s what I mean by energy. I want to see Bobb, Lewis, and even McAtee afforded more game time next season, but their lives will be made easier if the defensive/midfield platform is more experienced and solid. If other players are leaving, then maybe Savio/Couto could be added, but as we saw with Douglas Luiz at Villa and Doku with ourselves, in the first season it can take time to settle and learn, and there’s only so much game time available.

Experience is much more important for us as we can see from Gundo and Mahrez departure it affected us.

There's nothing wrong to sign young player but they more often than not need time to adapt especially if they came from outside PL.

We need more experienced player who already adapted in PL and in the right age range not too young and not too old like Paqueta to strengthen our squad.
Agree 100%...

If you look at Paqueta’s heat maps, you can see that he can get around the park in all directions, and that’s what I mean by energy. I want to see Bobb, Lewis, and even McAtee afforded more game time next season, but their lives will be made easier if the defensive/midfield platform is more experienced and solid. If other players are leaving, then maybe Savio/Couto could be added, but as we saw with Douglas Luiz at Villa and Doku with ourselves, in the first season it can take time to settle and learn, and there’s only so much game time available.
Cant see anything for McAtee but sold, fingers crossed for him though.

Wonder if there's any chance of us looking to move Nunes on after just a season?

Nunes & Phillips out with Paqueta & another coming in.

With us being linked to Paqueta still and now Musiala I do wonder the same. Really don’t see where he fits in at the minute, even more so if we make signings (which I think is necessary tbh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.