Lucas Paquetá

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant more of a Phillips, Nunes sort of signing, that will pretty much get minutes at the end of matches when others are tired or cup games, he isn't better than what we have so won't be knocking on the door to be part of the starting 11 very often imo. I sincerely hope I'm wrong if we do go back in for him, I'd rather we only sign world class players and promote academy players for squad roles personally.

Aside from Phillips not clicking, Nunes (like Grealish when he joined) is a 'fringe player' as he gets used to things. It's his first year.

With Guardiola having to instill literal years of education in a short spell, it's pretty rare anyone coming in, gets to play full time.

I stick by what I said months ago. All my mates that are Hammers are absolutely ecstatic that we still want him, he will be another fringe player on huge wages unfortunately.
Lad I sit with at work goes west ham every week and he says the opposite, funny game innit footy!

Dust now collects where once the Charity Shield stood so proud….

In terms of Wirz, in regards attraction, I think it would more likely be Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, and then our good selves. Alas, money alone is not the sole attraction, as last summer evidenced.

So many people still underestimate Madrid allure last season, they think when we land Haaland we will get pretty much any player in the world after that but alas it's not the case.

Yeah we are the club that winning a fucking treble last season but that didn't do enough because for many top player Madrid allure is still too strong given their prestige and history.

We need atleast in the next ten year to be a complete dominant in CL and hoping in that time period Madrid is completely failed in every single way in that competition which is impossible given the way Madrid operated right now.

A few players being carried, yet we’re on for a double? Odd how’s that happened?
One of the things Pep insists on is work, Bernardo isn’t carrying anyone.
Work rate really?? go back and take a good look at the last game, or indeed every game this season, you will see Bernardo running his knackers off, covering more than 1 position, much like Alvarez but Alvarez runs out of steam on 50 minutes.

Work rate really?? go back and take a good look at the last game, or indeed every game this season, you will see Bernardo running his knackers off, covering more than 1 position, much like Alvarez but Alvarez runs out of steam on 50 minutes.
Work rate ,yes really. Listen to any impartial analysis of our game and it's pointed out one of the driving forces of our success is how hard every single player works off the ball.
Do you really think Pep Guardiola tolerates players not working for the team? think about it.

So many people still underestimate Madrid allure last season, they think when we land Haaland we will get pretty much any player in the world after that but alas it's not the case.

Yeah we are the club that winning a fucking treble last season but that didn't do enough because for many top player Madrid allure is still too strong given their prestige and history.

We need atleast in the next ten year to be a complete dominant in CL and hoping in that time period Madrid is completely failed in every single way in that competition which is impossible given the way Madrid operated right now.
There are also other factors at play: weather, lifestyle, and playing time/intensity. For some players, Madrid will always be more appealing than Manchester, regardless of how dominant we become.

Work rate ,yes really. Listen to any impartial analysis of our game and it's pointed out one of the driving forces of our success is how hard every single player works off the ball.
Do you really think Pep Guardiola tolerates players not working for the team? think about it.
No i think Pep gets the best bits out of every player, it took Pep 2 years to learn Gundogan was a shit DM due to work rate, but when he gave him the free roll he shone. You burn players out if you try to make players that are not capable work beyond, Pep gets the best bits out of players and work rate is not the best bit for a good few.

No i think Pep gets the best bits out of every player, it took Pep 2 years to learn Gundogan was a shit DM due to work rate, but when he gave him the free roll he shone. You burn players out if you try to make players that are not capable work beyond, Pep gets the best bits out of players and work rate is not the best bit for a good few.
You're confusing work rate with running about a lot. Our team moves and works as a team, nobody runs were they aren't supposed to. The idea Bernardo,as important as he is, carries us is ridiculous.

You're confusing work rate with running about a lot. Our team moves and works as a team, nobody runs were they aren't supposed to. The idea Bernardo,as important as he is, carries us is ridiculous.
Take a good look at the teams that have taken points off us this and last season, all the lower teams used work rate to take those points, when it comes to work rate we are a slow team, that has used passing and skill to beat teams, to suggest team work alone can beat teams is idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.