Lucas Paquetá

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle to see anything special about Paqueta, he looks bang average whenever I watch WH. I'd rather Rico was given far more game time next season in midfield areas. Then we'll see if Rico has what it takes to be a Cat A starter. With the £85m saved, use it to go for someone really special, like Wirtz...

Unless I've missed something, Rice was £110m,Caicedo £115m, Fernandez £110m, Maguire £85m, Goofy £65m, Sancho £73m and Antony £86m. You're saying that Paqueta is £60m? Go have a lie down, glass of water and come into the 21st century.
You can add Phillips and Nunes to that as well. Prices from below also push prices up.

I struggle to see anything special about Paqueta, he looks bang average whenever I watch WH. I'd rather Rico was given far more game time next season in midfield areas. Then we'll see if Rico has what it takes to be a Cat A starter. With the £85m saved, use it to go for someone really special, like Wirtz...
He is a baller. A proper City player.

Wirtz isn't on the table. By all accounts he isn't leaving this summer and honestly he likely follows Alonso, if that is to Bayern or Real Madrid, we will find out next year.

Most likely unavailable. Injuries, suspensions, and tiredness in midfield have seen us sub-optimal in big games this season, and arguably cost us against Real Madrid, something Lewis alone will not remedy. We have a crop of young talent and a crop of aging talent, but we need a couple of midfielders in their prime to gel the two and to do the hard yards in midfield. I want to see the aging players lift the Champions League again next season- their window of opportunity is narrowing, so if Guardiola thinks Paqueta and Guimaraes are what it takes (185 million), then who are we to argue?

Last edited:
He is a baller. A proper City player.
If we do sign him I'd be delighted to admit I was wrong (again), maybe I've missed his best games. I have a real City academy bias, gutted Tommy Doyle, Taylor Harwood Belllis and Jimmy Mac will all be out the door in the summer...

I think Paqueta would be a good fit for us, the age not a problem and he and Rodri will be supplemented by Dada-Mascoll in a couple of years with luck.

Unless I've missed something, Rice was £110m,Caicedo £115m, Fernandez £110m, Maguire £85m, Goofy £65m, Sancho £73m and Antony £86m. You're saying that Paqueta is £60m? Go have a lie down, glass of water and come into the 21st century.
Transfermarkt has him at £65M
FotMob has him £72M
I would agree £60M was probably a tad low.

I just don’t believe paying £85M for a 27 year old at the start of next season, who I’m not 100% sure would be nailed on to start every week for City is good business.

And exactly what influence do Fotmob or transfer market have on transfer valuations? Out of interest look for the valuations of Foden, Bruno Fernandes, Rashford and Rodri and let us all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.