Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

He only loses the ball a lot because he's Lyon's key creator, plays a pretty similar role to Martin Odegaard (If Odegaard actually pressed)
We need a controller though, we have our key creator in KDB who can also lose the ball a lot but around him everyone else is largely secure. Hence why I said doesn't make sense that we get him instead

We need a controller though, we have our key creator in KDB who can also lose the ball a lot but around him everyone else is largely secure. Hence why I said doesn't make sense that we get him instead

Bernardo himself was a bit like that when we got him though. There were interviews midway through his first season where he was quoted saying he was having to learn to retain possession more under Pep’s orders and cut out unnecessary forward/risky passes.

Skill set is the key here and Pep can teach them how to apply it.

Bernardo himself was a bit like that when we got him though. There were interviews midway through his first season where he was quoted saying he was having to learn to retain possession more under Pep’s orders and cut out unnecessary forward/risky passes.

That's the issue mate, the time to do that is very little. And Bernardo learnt all that while El Mago was still here, now who is Paqueta going to learn off if he does not have it to his game. Peps orders or not, you need to be a natural ball carrier of quality to develop that role. I don't see that in Paqueta. Plus do we have time to allow for adaptation? What happens for the season?

That's the issue mate, the time to do that is very little. And Bernardo learnt all that while El Mago was still here, now who is Paqueta going to learn off if he does not have it to his game. Peps orders or not, you need to be a natural ball carrier of quality to develop that role. I don't see that in Paqueta. Plus do we have time to allow for adaptation? What happens for the season?
We'll adapt as we always do. I dare say Jack has it in his game, but not the defensive pressing engine Silva is right now. Im sure Pep will have it figured out already while we panic about it.

Yes exactly this obviously. If the club thinks a player has the attritbutes and personality we need, that’s why they hired pep. To close any gap the player may have. Who are we to question that given the run of success since pep has arrived. I have no idea what his possession stats say but frankly wouldn’t care because he’d likely turn into a beater under pep

We'll adapt as we always do. I dare say Jack has it in his game, but not the defensive pressing engine Silva is right now. Im sure Pep will have it figured out already while we panic about it.
Yeah I wish I had your confidence with that. We'll see what happens, ideally he stays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.