Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Not too bothered about Paqueta. Think he's very, very overrated and at the price quoted wouldn't have been a success.

The issue is more about the state of the squad. It's needs two/three minimum. To end up in this situation with two weeks left of the window is piss poor.
This is what I think. With the KDB injury I think the squad is 3 players short. I don’t care who we sign but not having the players 2 weeks before end of window is pretty shocking tbh.

Been very relaxed all summer, but this window as it currently stands has been a bit of a mess.

We have lost Gundogan and replaced with Kovacic (a very good player) who isn't a goalscoring midfielder in the slightest. We have lost De Bruyne for a lengthy spell and seem to be picking up injuries now across the squad, including Stones.

We have lost Mahrez and not got a replacement yet (still time of course).

City won't ever overpay for players so the likelihood of us bringing in a quality midfield player for a fair price is very unlikely.

I can't see Pep being happy at all with the squad numbers. He already stated in a press conference we will be bringing in another midfielder. I take it he meant Paqueta, but it now looks like that deal is off the table. Got to give the manager the tools to work with or else we will end up with a serious injury to someone like Rodri for continuosly overplaying and overworking him.
The way i see it is gundo hasn't been replaced. Kovacic is what philips should have been. (Cover Rodri and play with him) so Gundo needs replacing and Mahrez needs replacing. 2 top signings and were sorted. We still have time

Glad it's off, we were gonna get our pants pulled down even in this market

I like Paqueta, he looks like a good player but nothing screams a player who's champions league standard let alone treble level

There are plenty of players out there that offer a better deal for us

I'd look at the Portuguese league, release clauses are more manageable and there are some class midfielders there

Been very relaxed all summer, but this window as it currently stands has been a bit of a mess.

We have lost Gundogan and replaced with Kovacic (a very good player) who isn't a goalscoring midfielder in the slightest. We have lost De Bruyne for a lengthy spell and seem to be picking up injuries now across the squad, including Stones.

We have lost Mahrez and not got a replacement yet (still time of course).

City won't ever overpay for players so the likelihood of us bringing in a quality midfield player for a fair price is very unlikely.

I can't see Pep being happy at all with the squad numbers. He already stated in a press conference we will be bringing in another midfielder. I take it he meant Paqueta, but it now looks like that deal is off the table. Got to give the manager the tools to work with or else we will end up with a serious injury to someone like Rodri for continuosly overplaying and overworking him.
I think that Bellingham saga screwed us a little bit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.