Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Not City level, IMO.
I think city scouting is a little more comprehensive than these graphs, which are probably not even considered. If city want him there is a good reason- even more so if they end up paying 80m

Not taking the piss but wondering what you mean when you list energy as a strength but a lack of defensive contribution and speed as weaknesses.

From what I've seen, he's far better defensively than you'd normally expect from a traditional attacking midfielder.
That's certainly borne out by his stats from last season.
Screenshot_2023-08-09-10-28-04-69_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

This is spot on. Embarrassing that we are even thinking about this at £70m never mind any amount above that.

No idea what has gone on this Summer but this is farcical. Scrambling round a couple of days before the season starts with mental offers for average players.

Imagine spending £200m in a Summer with Gvardial Kovacic and Paqueta to show for it after missing out on Bellingham and Rice.

I normally say wait till the end of the window but I’d already have Txiki hung up by his testicles for the shitshow this Summer.
I’m going back to bed.

Disagree. The plans at the start of the summer will always be dependent on outgoings. It seems that kovacic and Gvardiol were coming regardless. Mahrez and gundogan leaving has caused us to search for another midfielder and winger. just because interest has only just been reported doesn’t mean he wasn’t always on a list for city. Furthermore, it was likely they wanted to assess Mcatee for the role. For me this interest would signify that they are yet to be convinced he is good enough to play a part this season
They must of known Gundo was leaving anyway. A lot of people could of seen Mahrez leaving too. My point is I’ve never seen city linked to so many players this quickly. Feels like they don’t know what they want in the midfield.

I think city scouting is a little more comprehensive than these graphs, which are probably not even considered. If city want him there is a good reason- even more so if they end up paying 80m
I was responding to a poster saying we should go for Eze. The graphs were supposed to illustrate that Paqueta is superior. I am a fan of Paqueta, and I believe he is worth 70m quid. He would fit us like a glove and hit world-class levels under Pep.

This is spot on. Embarrassing that we are even thinking about this at £70m never mind any amount above that.

No idea what has gone on this Summer but this is farcical. Scrambling round a couple of days before the season starts with mental offers for average players.

Imagine spending £200m in a Summer with Gvardial Kovacic and Paqueta to show for it after missing out on Bellingham and Rice.

I normally say wait till the end of the window but I’d already have Txiki hung up by his testicles for the shitshow this Summer.
How do you know any of this. You are just peering in through a window that journalists are providing you. You don’t know what’s going on day to day? You also don’t know why far superior football minds to yourself consider paqueta a good fit. As long as we keep winning you can’t doubt anyone working in either the recruitment or management of the team

I think its very unlikely we would be willing to offer 85m. If West Ham insist on that price the player would probably either have to try and force a move, or someone like Harwood-Bellis would have to go the other way on an inflated fee of something like 20-25m. Or if Kalvin agrees to be a part of the deal.

Just hope this doesn't drag on until the last few days of the transfer window putting us in a difficult spot to sign someone else if we cant reach an agreement. Interesting days ahead!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.